Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

RVTraveler2021

RVF Newbee
I am trying to find the best way into Yellowstone without putting too much hardship on our Ford F250. I'm looking for experiences on Hwy 89. Has anyone done this trip? Is it the best way? We will be going thru the park to the North and exit out the West Entrance. We are towing a Grey Wolf 26hdb. Thanks in advance!!

I made that drive in reverse starting in Jackson Wy. and going into Logan Ut. Our first ever trip in the mountains and I was towing a 30 ft. toy hauler with my 2016 F-150 with the eco-boost. I did not have any problems at all., other than a case of nerves.

If I recall correctly, the only place you may have a problem is going into Garden City at Bear Lake. Little bit of curves and what was to me signicant up-hill. Would be a down hill coming into Garden City, just be aware of the hill and prepare for it. If you have any mountain driving experiance at all it should not be a problem.

It was nice to get off of the interstates and see the country without semis and crazies on the road.

Thanks for the help! I am the nervous one in the passenger seat! We are new to long haul camping and are going across the country. I may look at going up thru California and see how that goes. Wanted to avoid the fires in the northern part of CA.

Latest resources

Back