Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
We have finally set the plans for the trip to the MotherShip for next week. The Route has changed slightly. We are headed up I95 to Savanna to visit CreekFire Resort for the first time, then on to I16 to I75 to our typical stop outside of Chattanooga. Should be a fun experience.

Looking for an extra day or two if Newmar will let us stay on site before our scheduled appt. First response was NO, but I'll keep working them.

Joe

95 in SC was a washboard when we took it up to Hilton Head National in the spring. I was surprised nothing fell off the coach the road was so bad.

Safe travels.

visit CreekFire Resort for the first time,
Creek fire has gone downhill and theft is high per the latest reports I’ve heard. Don’t leave anything out there.

Reading the reviews about Creekfire, yes, once the weekend party crowd shows up things get out of hand as reported by several folks. And others have said the Park has gone downhill.
There are several in Sept 2024 that had 4 and 5 star reviews.. Interesting.
Luckily we try to stay out of private campgrounds on weekends. National, State or Local government parks are our preference for weekends. Less crazies typically.
We'll see. Typically we don't have much outside other than Starlink. Depending on activity around, we may bring that in at night as well.

Thanks for the tip.

Called front desk at Creekfire regarding post about thefts. The front desk person was very upfront about the issues.
She explained that the entire county has been suffering with theft issues.
She said to lock vehicles and not leave valuables out unattended. She said that persons are walking into campground at night checking for open vehicles with valuables to steal.
Creekfire has arranged for law enforcement patrols from midnight to 6am.

So Joe, years ago Tucson had a rash of theft in homes that the owners were on vacation! Turns out it was a bad Idea to have your mail held at the post office!

I know it's not popular, but costumes don't change the patern of a criminal, only the appearance!

If you go into the vipers den! Well!!!
I have been told if you want to find gold, you should look for the vain!!!

What do you think???

As noted at Pueblo International this summer, even exclusive venues are not safe. NKK had the entire Fairgrounds reserved. Many instances of theft at this event.
Apparently the entire RT25 corridor is unsafe. The running gun battles you could hear in Pueblo in the early hours, 2-3 am, is a testament to that idea. News stories about Aurora and gang issues also. Aurora was a nice place in the 1970s when I lived in CO.
Growing up in and near NYC, my habit is to secure belongings, bad people are around.
It is a shame that one has to worry so much about felonious criminals now days.

Latest resources

Back