Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Most have heard about this program where you can get discounts at Love's, TA, and other places coming soon (PFJ not on board yet). I hesitated but after reading of the savings people were getting I decided why not. I already have the PFJ card that I got from Good Sam Elite membership, a Quarles card (not really savings) but heck, I'll give it a try.

I signed up and referred someone, can't remember, you can refer people so refer whoever you want that has it and they get something for it, don't remember what. I did NOT pay the expedited processing fee, I just let it fly as is. A week later I got a call confirming some info (bank account info, etc.) and a week after that I received the card. So even without priority processing it still came in good time.

I had the first opportunity to use it the other day at Love's and I have to say it was very confusing at the pump. I'm familiar with this dance at PFJ's with control numbers but this wasn't working out. It is your last 4 of your SSN, not the PIN you'll assign the card, I had read that and tried it. I called the TSD folks, it's a very small group, it's really an EFS Card, not sure where the TSD comes from. I spoke with the gal on Saturday and I had all the right info and tried it again. You'll swipe your card and enter a number and it will likely tell you declined or something. Swipe your card and just go through the selections. You'll also be offered a cash withdrawal thing, decline that and THEN you enter your control number and it works.

I was disappointed as the price only dropped around 5 cents. I could have done better waiting to fuel at the PFJ at my destination where I typically get 9-14 cents off per gallon. Well....I just received my first draft notification and that 5 cents thing means nothing. I actually saved $21.80 on the fuel up which was around 50 gals. So there must be something internally that gives the discount beyond the price at the pump which is outstanding.

If you pump diesel then you should sign up NOW.

I'm still on the fence about TSD. My primary concern is having to give them direct access to my bank account. We had A very bad experience some years back with an account like this and we couldn't get access stopped. Our account was being debited for services that we had discontinued. It was a nightmare and, it took legal action to get it resolved and restitution made.

TSD may well be different, but I'm not willing to risk it. If I do decide to do this, I will create a separate bank account with very limited funds in it. It will not be linked, in any way, to any other account.

TJ

I have a dedicated TSD checking account via an online bank that I use. I transfer funds at the beginning of a trip, and then monitor it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I used TSD for the trip to the balloon fiesta and back...worked great. Nice side feature is DW no longer has to go in to prepay. Have spent about $1k in fuel on the card with no problems with my account. I feel it is well worth it.

Have spent about $1k in fuel on the card with no problems with my account. I feel it is well worth it

What was your net savings?

Some quick math says my net cost was $1,207 with $184 in discounts....so around 13%?

In the short time we’ve had our rig, i’ve netted $200 in savings using this. Use the app, find the best discount (Love’s seems to be the best deal most of the time for me).

It’s easy.
  1. Pull up
  2. Swipe your card
  3. Enter Control Number (last four of SSN)
  4. Select Tractor
  5. Select whether you want DEF (no discounts on DEF but hey, you don’t have to go in and prepay and no 2.5gal jugs)
  6. Select where you want a cash advance
  7. Fill her up with Diesel
  8. Fill her up with DEF
  9. Drive away
  10. Check the app and see how much you saved

I will definitely get one of these before I pick mine up in February...about how long did it take you to get your card?

I will definitely get one of these before I pick mine up in February...about how long did it take you to get your card?
Maybe 3 weeks. I got it about 2 months in advance if picking up at CN. Stuck it in my wallet and have used it every single time.

Is REFER fuel taxed? I am unclear why they offer "tractor" and "refer" options.

On another note, I have the goodsam card. On this trip I stopped at a Flying J. The pump price was $3.03. I used the TDS card to start, and then when asked for loyalty card, I used goodsam. The pump price lowered from $3.03 to $2.95. When the statement came in, the final price was $2.56. They computed the savings from the $2.95, which means I paid a bit less commission. Not going to get rich off of this, and I don't know of any benefit of using the goodsam card, but I thought it was interesting that the option was available.

Latest resources

Back