• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI TSD Logistics Fuel Savings Program

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
A friend sent me an email today about some issue between PFJ and TSD logistics reselling their fuel. Somehow CW/Good Sam is involved in this but not sure how. Anyone have any details? I think the bottom line is don’t go to PFJ to get fuel as there is no discount available.

My understanding is that GS has its own fuel program which is in competition with TSD including RVs in the program. Prior to TSD including RVs not an issue but GS now has issue with TSD reselling fuel to RVs thru the program. I was told that P/FJ will no longer allow TSD transactions, supposedly this coming week. Another reason not to support CW.

A friend sent me an email today about some issue between PFJ and TSD logistics reselling their fuel. Somehow CW/Good Sam is involved in this but not sure how. Anyone have any details? I think the bottom line is don’t go to PFJ to get fuel as there is no discount available.
Details here...

TJ

Interesting. I’ve actually only ever stopped at Loves because it was always cheaper but this was a garbage move by CW. Not a problem, will keep my business out of their stores and PFJ’s.

Interesting. I’ve actually only ever stopped at Loves because it was always cheaper but this was a garbage move by CW. Not a problem, will keep my business out of their stores and PFJ’s.
While I'm certainly not a fan of CW...or Good Sam, for that matter...I differ with your conclusion that this was "a garbage move." When you sign a contract (as PFJ did with CW/GS), you should either honor it or try to renegotiate it. With a signed contract in place, PFJ needs to honor it.

TJ

Last edited:
While I'm certainly not a fan of CW...or Good Sam, for that matter...I differ with your conclusion that this was "a garbage move." When you sign a contract (as PFJ did with CW/GS), you should either honor it or try to renegotiate it. With a signed contract in place, PFJ needs to honor it.

TJ
No worries, TJ. While I agree with your sentiment, I don’t think CW/GS should be enforcing relative to TSD and frankly, PFJ probably should have called them on their nonsense.

First of all, the TSD Program is different from the GS/CW offering in that it is a fleet card and thus, a form of credit while the GS/CW card is a simple discount program, no credit at all. I’ll bet you a cold, frothy IPA (I don’t even have any because they taste like feet, but I’ll buy one just for you) that CW/GS doesn’t care one bit about a professional driver using their EFS fuel card to fill and getting a fleet discount. TSD participants are doing the same thing. We are, in essence, part of the TSD fleet. The business (TSD) gets to decide what their rules are for joining their fleet and receiving the advantages of doing so. If they want to open their fleet to RVers, they can do so and CW/GS should have nothing to say about it at all.

Secondly, CW/GS isn’t even offering a competitive alternative.If CW/GS had worked out a deal with PFJ so that you received a “Fleet Discount” when purchasing fuel at PFJ using the Good Sam Credit Card, that would make sense. They would have a comparable product to defend which yielded a competitive discount and justifies the action of enforcing exclusivity. Fact is - they don’t. CW/GS’s discount is a paltry .08/gallon. Why in the world would I save just $8 on a 100 gallon fill when I could save $20-$30 with TSD? CW/GS’s action here does nothing to benefit the CW/GS and only harms the RVer out there trying to save a buck on fuel by eliminating a network from TSD’s fleet discount program.

There’s nothing wrong with defending your business but the reality is that when you look at the details of the situation, CW/GS doesn’t even have a business to defend here and therefore the action only serves to harm the consumer. Which is why I call it “a garbage move”.

Last edited:
I have been using the TSD card at both Loves and Pilot/Flying J and have been very happy with the results. I have just been swiping the card at the pump and going through the entry steps to get the pump turned on … but since it looks like it will be all Loves in the future I think I will try the Love's phone app to see if I can streamline the process at the pump. Is anybody using that and does it really make things easily/faster? If so I will learn how to use it.

FLSteve

I tried the app once and it had an error. Said phooyee with the app and have done it manually at the pump ever since.

2019 DSDP 4369 * Active Air * NHSO

I just got home from CPU in Nappanee...used the Love’s app all 4 times I filled up. So easy. I keep the EFS/TSD card in one of the drawers in the dash in case I’m in a spot without cell coverage.

I just got home from CPU in Nappanee...used the Love’s app all 4 times I filled up. So easy. I keep the EFS/TSD card in one of the drawers in the dash in case I’m in a spot without cell coverage.
@Akdare … I have downloaded the app and am trying to set it up. Do I need a Loves Rewards Card to use this? I have my TDS card loaded in the wallet section.

FLSteve

@FLSteve you can add a Love Rewards card but not required to use the card for fuel payment. If you scroll down on the home page, you will see bright yellow "bar" that says pay aka Love Pay. You just have be in the vicinity of the fuel island (truck lanes) at Loves and it will attempt to activate payment through Love Pay which has EFS in the wallet. i have been just using the EFS card at the fuel island terminal but this is supposed to work as well. I used to go to PFJ primarily but that will change now.

Latest resources

Back