• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Undermount Sink Loose in 2018 Surveyor 220RBS

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I brought a putty knife out to the trailer to cut the sealant and pry the sink away from the countertop. I removed the ten little screws holding the sink to the underside of the countertop, and prepared to start cutting,

imagine my surprise when the entire sink came away freely once the screws were out. The silicone adhesive had zero attachment to the stainless steel sink. Those screws were the only thing holding the sink in place,
1711480967238.jpeg

My guess as to what happened: the silicone adhesive loosened from the sink to the point water could sneak through. The water soaked into the MDF - especially around the screws in the right rear corner. The weakened MDF couldn’t hold the screws, and they loosened, allowing the corner of the sink to sag,
1711481252282.jpeg

I concur:

Stuart W

RVF Supporter
JoinedNov 2, 2019Messages376RV Year2025RV MakeEntegraRV ModelCornerstoneRV Length45ChassisFLEngineCumminsTOW/TOADJeep Wrangler
I don’t think they missed a spot, the issue is they are essentially gluing the sink with a silicon adhesive to a synthetic wood surface and using those little screws to hold the sink in place while drying in production. This type of sink and countertop combination needs to be used with care to not let water set at the top of the sink near the counter top, water weakens the wood and intern weakens the bond of the sink.

2016 Canyon Star 3710
2018 Dutch Star 4369 SP
2023 Dutch Star 4369 FL

Entegra 2025 Cornerstone SL 605 45D on order
2024 Jeep Rubicon X

The ideal thing would be to have a piece of solid surface countertop made, it’s not very big.
The problem is that with the laminate not going down and under the sink, this will keep happening.
Your are at a point where you have done the hardest part and you have the existing counter to use as a template. Just a thought

Last edited:
The ideal thing would be to have a piece of solid surface countertop made, it’s not very big.
The problem is that with the laminate not going down and under the sink, this will keep happening.
Your are at a point where you have done the hardest part and you have the existing counter to use as a template. Just a thought
We are leaving for a four-day camping trip in five days. My wife doesn’t know I have the trailer ripped apart…

Maybe someday I will replace the countertop. Not right now…

Silicone sealant bead laid, edge clamps are in. This sink isn’t ever going to come loose again.
1711647099545.png

1711647144873.png

The two layers of plywood also add stability to the faucet mount.

Perfect now silicone the sink to above where the laminate stops and you should be good to go

Latest resources

Back