• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Unreasonable Request?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I didn't make it clear in my original post that this wasn't the initial contact. We had multiple conversations over a 10 day period that made it very clear that I was planning to take it home if everything checked out. I told him I wanted to come check it out, he told me where it was, I said that I didn't feel like I could really check it out properly in a storage lot and asked if he'd be willing to do the campground on my dime, and he flipped out.
Well, if he doesn't want to sell, that's his loss. The folks we bought our trailer from were super accommodating.

I didn't make it clear in my original post that this wasn't the initial contact. We had multiple conversations over a 10 day period that made it very clear that I was planning to take it home if everything checked out. I told him I wanted to come check it out, he told me where it was, I said that I didn't feel like I could really check it out properly in a storage lot and asked if he'd be willing to do the campground on my dime, and he flipped out.
Given that, Id suspect there is something wrong and move on as you did. Plenty of others on the market. If you want something specific sometimes you have to wait. My model coach was only made in 2016 and it wasn’t popular so they didnt make very many and I had to watch the market for a year (2019-2020) to find one for sale. Then two came up the same week, one in Michigan and one in Arizona, and I had my pick. So sometimes it pays to wait.

Then, if it were me, I'd be seeing too large of a red flag, and walk away from that one. If he's not willing to let you check things out, other than in a storage lot where there's no supporting infrastructure, I would suspect he's hiding something.
You are trying to get the best you can with your money.

After all, what can you really check out in a storage lot? The 12 volt system? That's not much. Yup....the lights work, and the water pump runs. (I had one run too, but it didn't pump due to freeze damage.) The fridge on propane, and the furnace. Still leaves a lot to chance.

Roger

Then, if it were me, I'd be seeing too large of a red flag, and walk away from that one. If he's not willing to let you check things out, other than in a storage lot where there's no supporting infrastructure, I would suspect he's hiding something.
You are trying to get the best you can with your money.

After all, what can you really check out in a storage lot? The 12 volt system? That's not much. Yup....the lights work, and the water pump runs. (I had one run too, but it didn't pump due to freeze damage.) The fridge on propane, and the furnace. Still leaves a lot to chance.

Roger
Yeah, AC is the deal breaker for me. I have to know the AC is in good shape. I’m headed to Arizona and Nevada!

Yeah, AC is the deal breaker for me. I have to know the AC is in good shape. I’m headed to Arizona and Nevada!
I just paid $1750 for a new 15k btu heat pump that simply developped a leak and lost its charge. But its nearly impossible to find someone to actually repair one of these, especially when youre on the road and a couple thousand miles from home.

$100 of that was installation, and $1750 is also msrp, so technically I got an ok deal, but paying that much to replace a six year old AC didn’t seem all that pleasing at the time.

Not sure why 6 year old A/C does not work my 20 year old still working. Shady or just bad quality these day.
Just developed a leak and lost its charge. Now that Im home I’ll either fix it and keep it for a spare or leave it as is and keep it for parts. The compressor, fan and all other components work, it just has no refrigerant. So a defect in materials or workmanship. Which is dissapointing for a $1750 RV AC. Dometic btw. Makes me a little worried about the other one, which is why I saved the one that failed - stuck it in the back of the jeep and brought it home.

Not sure why 6 year old A/C does not work my 20 year old still working. Shady or just bad quality these day.
I think GE was one of the first to integrate planned obsolescence into their products. If someone were to build products that lasted like they did back in your grandparents day, they would dominate whatever industry they were involved in.

I think GE was one of the first to integrate planned obsolescence into their products. If someone were to build products that lasted like they did back in your grandparents day, they would dominate whatever industry they were involved in.
Or they'd go out of business. Why sell something to a customer once when you could sell it to him every 5 years?

Or they'd go out of business. Why sell something to a customer once when you could sell it to him every 5 years?
Well there are companies that have produced legendary products that last a lifetime (musical equipment). One model was so popular, that long after they stopped manufacturing it, they had to bring it back. It is extremely expensive in today's dollars, but they are in demand and the product is trusted by all. Perhaps they don't make billions in profit, but they will always be trusted and in demand.

Latest resources

Back