• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Unreasonable Request?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
You could get an independent RV inspector to go over it.
That was my first plan but I looked into it and the nearest one I could find is 4 hours away. Are there any sites out there where maybe more are listed?

2 miles seems pretty easy. Maybe he’d do it with a deposit? I agree you should be able to test everything.

I chose a campground less than 2 miles from him and offered to pay for everything. He keeps the RV in a storage lot. I just don’t see any scenario where I buy something used without seeing everything fully hooked up and operational.
In this case, I wouldn't have a problem doing it. Provided that you came by and looked at it first, made a decision that you would buy it if the systems checked out, and then put a deposit down to show good faith.

In this case, I wouldn't have a problem doing it. Provided that you came by and looked at it first, made a decision that you would buy it if the systems checked out, and then put a deposit down to show good faith.
Yes, deposit is the key.
If the guy took it to a campground for every looker they'd drive him crazy.

2 miles seems pretty easy. Maybe he’d do it with a deposit? I agree you should be able to test everything.
The next seller might, but HE definitely won’t! His response guaranteed I won’t buying anything from him. Even if he thought my request was absurd, I was nothing but polite in our discussions. The moment I asked to test everything out he lost his mind!!!

Would not blame the seller to refuse. Buyers beware, if you are willing to buy used - Used is other people's problems.

Would not blame the seller to refuse. Buyers beware, if you are willing to buy used - Used is other people's problems.
Ideally I would want to buy new and have a warranty, but the unit I want is no longer being made. 2021 was the last year. And I haven’t found anyone else making that floor plan the same way.

I come from the boat world and it’s never an issue to water test a boat when buying or selling. You meet the guy at the ramp, take him out and test run the motor, demonstrate everything works, no problem.
Where I live, this cost $100-$200.
I’m not setting my boat up for joy rides.

I suspect if you had looked at the RV once first and made it clear you were interested and a serious buyer, he might have been more willing to do that for you.

I suspect if you had looked at the RV once first and made it clear you were interested and a serious buyer, he might have been more willing to do that for you.
I didn't make it clear in my original post that this wasn't the initial contact. We had multiple conversations over a 10 day period that made it very clear that I was planning to take it home if everything checked out. I told him I wanted to come check it out, he told me where it was, I said that I didn't feel like I could really check it out properly in a storage lot and asked if he'd be willing to do the campground on my dime, and he flipped out.

Latest resources

Back