Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Update and clarification on CARB and diesel motorhomes operating in Ca from FCOC

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Rich W.

Retired Fire Chief
RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 3427
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
6.7 ISB 360/800
TOW/TOAD
2001 Jeep Wrangler
Fulltimer
No
Freightliner Chassis Owners Club sent this by email this morning. Knowing how things really operate in California I think some of the claims by CARB on enforcement are BS/scare tactics but their intent is ominous none the less. For your reading pleasure:
IMG_3551.jpeg

Hmm.....Guess I will NEVER venture into California!!
And those of you that live there and have to endure such "BS", You have my sympathy!
Also, they want to penalize those that would consider visiting California! WOW!!
CARB should stand for (C)razy (A)nd (R)idiculous (B)uttholes!!!!!!!!

The above seems to imply the new regulations do not apply to diesel motorhomes older than (SAY) 15 years. Hmmm...been eyeing some circa 2007 Country Coach's and kind of put it on hold when I first read the new CARB compliance nonsense. The craziness in CA is even worse than you might imagine unless you live here. I am buying a weed whacker for use way down the road because our libtard bureaucrats have threatened to outlaw them. Honda will no longer sell gas weed whackers in CA. The price we pay for weather 😉 Blessings

I don't know how CA could enforce a coach that I own as a resident of another state, using the federal highway system.

They may be able to enforce if I want to venture off the federal highway, but even that is suspect.

I think the reality of Carb is that residents of CA will have to adhere to it, even if they have a MT or SD registation. Showing a drivers license from out of state will most likely be the key that lets the rest of us ignore the CARB.

Update: I went to the website and registered. After getting an account, I then went to add a vehicle. As I thought, I was able to claim exemption being a NON-CA Motorhome.

I didn't use any real information, but was able to complete the process all the way thru and received a validation email.

I don't plan on traveling thru CA anytime soon, but if I where to do so, I wouldn't bother doing anything with the registration or trip planning any different than the remaining 47 lower states. As stated earlier, this really only applies to those that live within the state of CA.

1721839107783.png

My bride and I already removed California from our travel list - as they would not approve our request for a permit to travel with our coach and trailer (extra length).
This just seals the deal.
The only way we have visited CA and can do so in the future will be to drive the RV close to CA, then take the car across the CA border.
Unlike FL, they seem to want to discourage tourism.

I seriously doubt CA is going to post law enforcement at EVERY road, highway or freeway that enters the state. Stopping and checking every RV, that would be impossible.
Scare tactics is all this is.

I seriously doubt CA is going to post law enforcement at EVERY road, highway or freeway that enters the state. Stopping and checking every RV, that would be impossible.
Scare tactics is all this is.
they already have permanent immigration check points along several highways and alongside those are typically scales check points for semi's, that infrastructure is already in place and will be what is used to enforce this.

I towed my 26ft Travel Trailer from CA to CO and back and got stopped by CHP both times at scales for a weight certification test to be sure I was within the tow rating of my vehicle.

this is another CA cash grab and they will do anything to grab that cash.

None of you seem to pay attention to anything happening in the real world!

When I was young, California was known for their hippie communities. Sadly those hippies mostly found their way into the establishment they fought against!

Those were the days!!!

Anyhow, they would have rejoiced with the decision SCOTUS made concerning Chevron just a short while ago!!!

I have no sympathy for those that Will allow government to brake the law!!!

Just saying!!!

Latest resources

Back