Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Update and clarification on CARB and diesel motorhomes operating in Ca from FCOC

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
That all seems quite accurate. As I was unable to pay the compliance fee on line due to their dysfunctional website, I stopped at the DMV and they said they have no control over it and yes there is a hold on my registration. I called CARB and the automated response invited me to leave a message and advised that there are (no exaggeration here) 1,436 callers ahead of me - I could hold or wait for a call back.

An email response directed me back to the dysfunctional website that didn’t work in the first place. I told them this was an inadequate response so a second email directed me to a you tube how-to video of the dysfunctional website narrated by someone who clearly only speaks English as a second or third language. I couldn’t understand any of it but it didn’t matter since it was the same website that doesn’t work anyway. Fun times…
After three hours of fiddling around with the website I finally was able to figure it out and pay my fee ($30 for 2023 & $30 for 2024). The main problem was that I only use an iPad or iPhone for all my internet interaction. The site said that my browser was not acceptable and to try Chrome or E. I tried Chrome & Firefox as I had never heard of E. Finally looked it up and came up with Microsoft E. Downloaded it and finally everything went through and they took my money.
For being in the heart of Silicon Valley it’s unbelievable that the Cleantruck website is so poorly designed, sigh. Now to wait and see how difficult the testing and finding a test site will be. 🥹😞🤪 OMG!

After three hours of fiddling around with the website I finally was able to figure it out and pay my fee ($30 for 2023 & $30 for 2024). The main problem was that I only use an iPad or iPhone for all my internet interaction. The site said that my browser was not acceptable and to try Chrome or E. I tried Chrome & Firefox as I had never heard of E. Finally looked it up and came up with Microsoft E. Downloaded it and finally everything went through and they took my money.
For being in the heart of Silicon Valley it’s unbelievable that the Cleantruck website is so poorly designed, sigh. Now to wait and see how difficult the testing and finding a test site will be. 🥹😞🤪 OMG!
Microsoft Edge is basically Chrome, Edge uses the Chromium back end, and the user interface is the only really difference (MS branded over Google branded).

Prior to this, did you have to do an annual inspection that includes emissions? Texas requires it in some counties, and it is done at the same time as safety inspections. Curious how the process differs for you in California.

Prior to this, did you have to do an annual inspection that includes emissions? Texas requires it in some counties, and it is done at the same time as safety inspections. Curious how the process differs for you in California.
No, no inspections of any kind for the 20 years I’ve owned a diesel pusher rv.

Microsoft Edge is basically Chrome, Edge uses the Chromium back end, and the user interface is the only really difference (MS branded over Google branded).
That may be true but the chrome browser for my iPad or iPhone would not work to process payment on the Cleantruck site. Only Microsoft E app would work.

That may be true but the chrome browser for my iPad or iPhone would not work to process payment on the Cleantruck site. Only Microsoft E app would work.
My experience as well. I also managed to pay after dusting off my desk top. But anyone without a windows based computer can’t be “compliant’ even if they in actuality are. Much like a bad DEF header telling the ECM that you are low on DEF when your tank is full.

Latest resources

Back