Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I've been watching various places, various friends, selling their RV's and it sure seems like a RV, at least properly priced, does not take long to sell! Seems like the used RV market is alive and strong and has been for some time.

As I just noted in the other thread: We put up our Canyon Star for sale at the end of February. We went back and forth on whether to use RV Trader and do it ourselves and use NIRVC as the go-between or just use NIRVC and do consignment. Never having sold an RV we were clueless.

We went with the consignment through the dealer. We priced it according to the units we saw online, etc. It sold in one week!

I was shocked. I expected a couple of months if we were lucky. Our floorplan was not popular. Apparently there is a buyer if priced right!

We were thrilled someone purchased it. It was very well maintained. We had literally put Snap-Pads on it 2 months previously. We provided all the records for oil changes etc. It had 12,000 miles on it. They got a good deal. Now, if the slides will just keep working! ?

I'm guessing for the next year or more there will be favorable interest rates on RVs which may also help the used market. But like Tip&Tina said, there is usually a buyer if it is priced right.

Going fast would make me wonder if I priced it too low. But we're going to take a huge loss typically regardless so just get rid of it and move on to the next and the ulcer will clear soon enough :)

I have been thinking about selling mine in preparation for what I think is coming.

I remember back in the early 2000's there was a hiccup in the oil industry and lots of disposable toys started hitting the market at very good prices. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm afraid the effects of this pandemic will be worse than anything that I've ever witnessed. And if that turns out to be the case, there will be some very good buys on just about everything.

Not to preach gloom-n-doom, but I'm of the opinion that America has been in trouble for a long time. I'm sure the majority of you can remember a time when making 8%-9% on your savings was the norm? Swap that for today where saving is discouraged, people are living on borrowed money, and entire industries exist because of fed manipulation and low interest rates. Now, toss in a pandemic.

I love my motor home, but I'm sure I can get used to a newer motor home too. And I kind of expect they'll be a few of those available in the very near future.

Latest resources

Back