• Commercial/Vendors welcome

USPS Really Screws It Up

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
MyRVmail.com just started offering FedEx options and their 2-3 day delivery cost (with tracking) only cost slightly more than USPS.

I’ve had just as many issues with fedex and ups as I have with usps. Last year fedex admitted losing a package and still denied my insurance claim. They all make mistakes and none if them honor their own standards.

Due to a recent family death we have a few legal papers to mail this month. We obviously won't be attempting to send them USPS, so FedX will probably get some business. But yes, they certainly make mistakes also.

I’ve had problems with every one of the delivery entities. Don’t even get me started on other government bureaucracies with loosing paperwork. Social security lost my paperwork that I dropped off directly to the office that needed it!

USPS is still having trouble keeping up. Delivery times are sometimes double what they were last year. To make matters worse our resort decided to change their mail delivery system this year. They sort after the mail truck drops off, then if you have a package they put a notice in your mailbox. You have to being the notice to the mail room to get your package before 3pm. The problem is the mail truck doesn't get to the resort until after 1pm so by the time they get notices in our boxes that we have a package it is already after 3pm. The result of their "new" policy is that it adds one more day to us getting any type of package which is being delivered by USPS.

My small community of 2500 has a Facebook group setup to handle mis delivered usps mail.

The postmaster here is not very good, and the clerks are worse.

One clerk announced on the page that she just got a better offer and was quitting. She said the rest of her route was being dropped off at "ernies place". Only about 15 addresses affected but it was the bottom of the barrel for our local post office.

We are in an area where ups offloads final delivery of amazon to usps, and that has really hurt our small PO. The extra volume is too much. Even though the number of boxes are small, the land mass is very large. Often is more than 1 mile between addresses

Dang, with all the $$$$ being spent in Washington you would think that the USPS would get funds to modernize and expand to improve. Instead they are heading in the opposite direction.

My 2nd federal retirement (1st was Navy) was from the USPS. After 21 years, I finally threw up my hands. 30% absenteeism due to Covid. Mail getting delayed. 12-16 hour days.
Told my boss "I'm retiring"
"When?"
"Today is my last day"
Handed him my work cell and laptop.

How many times postman/woman were caught dumping bags of mail in a dumpster and going home to watch soap operas?
They know nobody can touch them. Union will protect them.
People complained about long wait times for service in the post offices. Their solution was to remove the big clocks hanging on the wall. No joke?

I have so many stories.

Latest resources

Back