Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I'm seeing a lot of YouTube videos on "Van Life" and in campgrounds a lot of vans as well. Seems to be the hot item these days. Maybe I'm just now noticing but seeing them all over.

Saw one here in Hondo, Tx the other day. WAY too small for me!

There are lots of smaller RVs out there. As a bit of an aside to this: we are seriously looking to just test drive, side by side, a Ventana vs. DS. We live 1/2 away from NIRVC in Atlanta and store our MH there. The staff knows us by name we are there so often.

They have so many Class Cs now it is crazy! All different brands but they seriously outweigh the inventory on Class As. No Ventana nor DS to drive! When we went there 3 years ago, it was all Entegra's and Newmars. Not a Class C in site.

We looked at class C’s for quite a while before buying our current class A Coachmen - 27’. Some very nice floor-plans...but the cockpit is so uncomfortable, particularly for the co-pilot. You have to have your legs off to one side, and I think it would kill your back and knees after a short drive.

Been there done that many years ago when we were much younger. No way we’re doing it now. I like my big bed and 1 1/2 bath and that Cummins diesel pushing me along.

Vans are making a significant comeback, not only in the RV world but in service industry as well

In my previous life I managed a camper shell business and rode that truck wave for several years. that was back in the 70s & 80s. I still monitor that business today

Currently that particular business has pretty much been dominated by the van conversion for the service folks, (plumbers, electricians etc)

Truck shells and flat covers have fallen off to dismal compared to van conversions both industrial and recreational

interesting how the industry changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back