Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Verizon Pre-Paid Unlimited = NO MORE HOTSPOT!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainGizmo

RVF Expert
SoCal...relax, we're one of the good ones! ;-)
RV Year
RV Make
Newell
RV Model
2020P
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2017 Ford F-150 Raptor w/AF1 Braking
Fulltimer
No
Boy, things just keep getting better in the world of Pre-Paid Plans!

We have a Verizon card that we used back in July on their $70 Unlimited Plan which allowed us to use our iPhone and iPad as a personal hotspot AS WELL AS EMERGENCY CALLS USING WIFI CALLING!!

Welp...forget it. They no longer allow Personal Hotspot feature on that plan!!

Even more lame, they WILL enable it it you downgrade to the $50/mo plan...but that only includes 8GB of data. Whooopeee. :-/

Of course, they WILL grandfather those who had the plan with hotspot. But...we canceled our’s over the summer. Oy!

Somebody get me a hammer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For anyone signing up for cellular plans never use or mention the name “CaptainGizmo”. :giggle:

For anyone signing up for cellular plans never use or mention the name “CaptainGizmo”.

Why’d I know you would have a SA comment like that!?

You’re welcome for forging ahead, riding point, and taking the hits for everyone who follows.

Then again I could remain silent like others who’ve gotten kicked to the curb. But I choose to warn and protect, rather than standby and watch.

“Boldly going”

LOL. Not handling the humor today? Point is you’ve been through hell with cellular unlike anyone else I’ve heard.

Being on the edge of tech has it virtues but I thank you for your service and willingness to go where only a few brave souls have ventured.

Neal,

It may be humor, but to others, perhaps not.

Tried to pull the post. I want to help. And yeah, I’m pretty ticked and am just tying to warn others, and not be discredited.

Very frustrating week trying to get important things, help the wife do the same, and not play games of greed. Newmar WiFi only goes so far.

Hang in there man. It’s a stressful time of the year. Maintain your sense of humor. It’s the key to survival. All and any information shared is great. Deep breath...

LOL. Not handling the humor today? Point is you’ve been through hell with cellular unlike anyone else I’ve heard.

I don’t think that’s accurate. There are several reasons that make you think that, however. They are:

1. I try crap that most don’t know, or won’t try.

2. I’m not shy to broadcast my successes and failures. I’ll call it, “Shine and Whine”.

3. I refuse to take “no” for an answer and, when it comes to tech, I will continue to try until I succeed where others may simply give up. (Many will say “you have too much time on your hands!”)

So, yeah...you can stand in the LONG line of people who’ve I’ve heard tell me...

“Gee...that’s never happened to anyone before.” [emoji37][emoji2961]

It is, therefore, in my Will, that the following inscription be engraved in my Tombstone:

“Here lies Steve...’This never happened to him before!’”

I have a Mobley....no problems

I have a Verizon prepaid hotspot...no problems

JME

Dealing with these companies does require patience, perseverance, and even a sense of humor.
?

It is, therefore, in my Will, that the following inscription be engraved in my Tombstone: “Here lies Steve...’This never happened to him before!’”
Hopefully, Steve, that will only occur wayyyyyyy down the road. We want to keep you around here for a long while.

TJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back