• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Verizon sucks!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Be sure to text someone prior to going into the store, then text them when you leave. Godspeed my friend, we will be waiting to hear you're okay!

The DW forbid me from going to a Verizon store as she was afraid I might subject an employee to undue harrasment. So I surfed the internet and looked at a bunch of options and surprisingly, there were not a lot if you want 100GB plan. Some want you to get the router with the plan like FMCA and 5g store; others are costly and have larger data plans. Some are piggybacking on top of Verizon and or AT&T. I did find a plan at T-Mobile and have never used them so it is time to give them a chance. I hope they are good enough to kick Verizon down the road and go elsewhere. I sure hope I was an anomaly and not a trend of things to come from Verizon. The sim will be here in 2-3 days. Meanwhile, I am queuing up for a Starlink install on the roof this summer. Go Elon and keep sending those satellites up.

Sadly and often it's the store and they are so disconnected from the parent company. I would just go to a different store, tell them you just want a SIM card (nano for newer Pepwave's) and you don't want a jetpack, etc. I've had to fight several stores both Verizon and T-Mobile in this scenario and end up getting out with a SIM card. Sometimes I have to give them my IMEI but prefer not to. Again, it's the very untrained sales people it seems.
@Neal Is right about the outlets/dealers. There are Verizon authorized dealers (not Verizon) and Verizon dealers. I suppose that gives you an idea where to shop for real information.

@Sheridny Thought I would mention Visible as a company / plan to look at. It may be lower performance / priority than you are looking for but it may work into you needs in some way. I have a Pepwave Max Transit and have successfully run a Visible Sim in it. The Visible hoops for me were: Order a sim for my iphone, Install sim and activate the account, Remove sim and install in Pepwave. I suppose this could also get shut down for (improper device use) but it worked for me a couple months ago. Visible service runs on Verizon LTE (I did not have their 5G plan) The download speed was limited to 5Mbps but there is no data cap.

@Sheridny Thought I would mention Visible as a company / plan to look at. It may be lower performance / priority than you are looking for but it may work into you needs in some way. I have a Pepwave Max Transit and have successfully run a Visible Sim in it. The Visible hoops for me were: Order a sim for my iphone, Install sim and activate the account, Remove sim and install in Pepwave. I suppose this could also get shut down for (improper device use) but it worked for me a couple months ago. Visible service runs on Verizon LTE (I did not have their 5G plan) The download speed was limited to 5Mbps but there is no data cap.
Visible is owned and operated by Verizon, just FYI

@Neal Is right about the outlets/dealers. There are Verizon authorized dealers (not Verizon) and Verizon dealers. I suppose that gives you an idea where to shop for real information.
All cellular providers suck... Not just Verizon. FACT!!!

Verizon like AT&T, and undoubtedly T-Mobile too, are doing away with corporate owned/operated stores and have franchise agreements with "authorized retailers. Authorized retailers for cellular providers have terrible customer service and in some instances just make stuff up to sell you a plan.

I am fortunate to have a lady friend with over 15 years with AT&T as my account representative. I don't have to deal with customer service on the phone, clowns in stores at authorized retailers or corporate stores, and she is a lot more fun to spend time with... ;)

plan for peplink device? wasn't aware that verizon had specific plans for those devices.

I have a Verizon hotspot and just pulled the sim chip from it and put it in my pepwave. never had an issue, 4 years now. cost me $20 a month on my cell plan as a hot spot. used it as a backup to my frontier fiber at home and use another one as a backup at my office to their spectrum system.

not sure how prepay works with regards to hotspots.

recently I upgraded to the Verizon Home 5G unlimited service for $50 a month for the trailer. since I qualify for ACP it only costs me $20 a month which is what I was paying for the hot spot, but the hotspot had a data cap, the Home 5G does not.

where I am at the moment the service is great, 5 bars all the time, but I know that in some areas it is crap, so I if I move the trailer I might have to rethink what service to use.
Did you get this email?

URGENT: AFFORDABLECONNECTIVITY PROGRAM FUNDINGEXPECTED TO END SOON
Dear Spectrum Customer,

You are currently receiving a credit of up to $30 per month on your bill from the federal government’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). Unless Congress and the White House take action soon, the ACP – and your monthly credit – will end early next year.
ACT NOW: Help save theAffordable Connectivity Programand your monthly credit.
Contact the White House and your elected representatives in Washington, D.C. Use the button below to send a pre-written email to President Biden and your elected representatives urging them to take action, fully fund the program and protect the credit that you rely on to stay connected. All you need to do is fill in your contactinformation and press send.​

Ohhh, I want to see a Marathon Prevost coach owner file for the affordable anything act haha....

2 Chainz Pockets GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

The DW forbid me from going to a Verizon store as she was afraid I might subject an employee to undue harrasment. So I surfed the internet and looked at a bunch of options and surprisingly, there were not a lot if you want 100GB plan. Some want you to get the router with the plan like FMCA and 5g store; others are costly and have larger data plans. Some are piggybacking on top of Verizon and or AT&T. I did find a plan at T-Mobile and have never used them so it is time to give them a chance. I hope they are good enough to kick Verizon down the road and go elsewhere. I sure hope I was an anomaly and not a trend of things to come from Verizon. The sim will be here in 2-3 days. Meanwhile, I am queuing up for a Starlink install on the roof this summer. Go Elon and keep sending those satellites up.
Sheridan,

I think you and I have talked about this before. But...for public consumption...

Honestly, your BEST bet is to get the T-Mobile Home Internet Gateway. It is rock solid, and kicks A** when it comes to connectivity and speed. Its antennas, modems, and power is optimized for 5G bands. There are about a half dozen of us who are using them, ethernet'd into our CradlePoints and every one of is more than happy. PLUS, their cost is but a fraction of a similar "hotspot" plan with the same data.

If you're a TMO customer, adding one onto your plan is really cost-effective...like $30! Verizon has a similar gateway, and my daughter uses one for her home...it's good, but you've STILL gotta put up with their HORRID customer service.

Only downside with the HIGs is to "qualify" with an acceptable address. This is because TMO is trying to feather out the usage so everyone has a "pleasant" experience. Wow, what a concept. Of course, if you're on the receiving end of "Sorry, we can't provide one for your address", then it's not so pleasant. LOL

At any rate, for the folks who are able to get qualified, it's really a great deal. T-Mobile isn't geo-tracking yet, so you can move from your different homes without a problem. Verizon...eh...not so much; a buddy just had his knocked offline when he was in an unacceptable area.

Just some thoughts. You know how to get ahold of me if you need further chatting about it.

Latest resources

Back