Verizon sucks!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Sheridan,

I think you and I have talked about this before. But...for public consumption...

Honestly, your BEST bet is to get the T-Mobile Home Internet Gateway. It is rock solid, and kicks A** when it comes to connectivity and speed. Its antennas, modems, and power is optimized for 5G bands. There are about a half dozen of us who are using them, ethernet'd into our CradlePoints and every one of is more than happy. PLUS, their cost is but a fraction of a similar "hotspot" plan with the same data.

If you're a TMO customer, adding one onto your plan is really cost-effective...like $30! Verizon has a similar gateway, and my daughter uses one for her home...it's good, but you've STILL gotta put up with their HORRID customer service.

Only downside with the HIGs is to "qualify" with an acceptable address. This is because TMO is trying to feather out the usage so everyone has a "pleasant" experience. Wow, what a concept. Of course, if you're on the receiving end of "Sorry, we can't provide one for your address", then it's not so pleasant. LOL

At any rate, for the folks who are able to get qualified, it's really a great deal. T-Mobile isn't geo-tracking yet, so you can move from your different homes without a problem. Verizon...eh...not so much; a buddy just had his knocked offline when he was in an unacceptable area.

Just some thoughts. You know how to get ahold of me if you need further chatting about it.
I had forgotten about that because of my sheer anger with Verizon. I like it. I can give them my address at DS which should work. Great suggestion.

Yeah, the t-mobile home internet works great. We talked to them before we picked it up and they don’t care if you move with it.

We have about a 600 meg connection here in Florida currently.

We also have the AT&T hotspot from FMCA as a backup.

Just switched our phones to T-Mobile and we are in an “ultra capacity” area so 5G UC showing when not on WiFi. Speed test on that connection was over 900.

Unlimited on the t-mobile home, FMCA box, and phones are unlimited now instead of the 10 gig total we had with Verizon. They also threw in Netflix and Apple TV plus with our t-mobile setup.

So far loving the switch overall.

Plus was we are spending about the same money overall and we have two new iPhone 15 pro max phones.

Sheridan,

I think you and I have talked about this before. But...for public consumption...

Honestly, your BEST bet is to get the T-Mobile Home Internet Gateway. It is rock solid, and kicks A** when it comes to connectivity and speed. Its antennas, modems, and power is optimized for 5G bands. There are about a half dozen of us who are using them, ethernet'd into our CradlePoints and every one of is more than happy. PLUS, their cost is but a fraction of a similar "hotspot" plan with the same data.

If you're a TMO customer, adding one onto your plan is really cost-effective...like $30! Verizon has a similar gateway, and my daughter uses one for her home...it's good, but you've STILL gotta put up with their HORRID customer service.

Only downside with the HIGs is to "qualify" with an acceptable address. This is because TMO is trying to feather out the usage so everyone has a "pleasant" experience. Wow, what a concept. Of course, if you're on the receiving end of "Sorry, we can't provide one for your address", then it's not so pleasant. LOL

At any rate, for the folks who are able to get qualified, it's really a great deal. T-Mobile isn't geo-tracking yet, so you can move from your different homes without a problem. Verizon...eh...not so much; a buddy just had his knocked offline when he was in an unacceptable area.

Just some thoughts. You know how to get ahold of me if you need further chatting about it.

Does TM allow you to stop service for months when you don’t need the “extra” home internet router that is in the coach?

Unfortunately, T Mobile does have it available where we are wintering, but we are on the list.

Loop Home GIF

Does TM allow you to stop service for months when you don’t need the “extra” home internet router that is in the coach?
No they do not. AFAIK, aside from a pre-paid card, StarLink may be the only one that does that.

Does TM have anything other than pre-paid?
Sure do!

I've been running SIM cards for iPads, as well as the Home Gateway, all on my normal monthly plan for years.

Unfortunately, T Mobile does have it available where we are wintering, but we are on the list.
If you stop into a store they may set you up anyhow using another location.

We told them we were full time RV living and they put in a known location for the initial setup. Our old address for the house we sold was not eligible.

Latest resources

Back