Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
Excuse my french. Verizon turned off my line for my Pepwave router Nov 1 without notification. I contacted Verizon, and they said sorry, there is no plan for that device anymore. WTF. I am sure @Neal is sending the profanity popo to my house, but how can they do that without notification? I already have AT&T, so I need another Verizon plan through a third party or T mobile. I know one thing. I am going to Starlink this summer and get away from cellular routers. I will take the bet with Elon Rant over.

Edit: Verizon prepaid said no go either. Stupid.

Can’t say I’m surprised Sheridan. This has been my rant and warning about them!
To be honest, AT&T is no better.
They both treat pre-paid customers like 3rd world scourge and will cancel you with zero support.

plan for peplink device? wasn't aware that verizon had specific plans for those devices.

I have a Verizon hotspot and just pulled the sim chip from it and put it in my pepwave. never had an issue, 4 years now. cost me $20 a month on my cell plan as a hot spot. used it as a backup to my frontier fiber at home and use another one as a backup at my office to their spectrum system.

not sure how prepay works with regards to hotspots.

recently I upgraded to the Verizon Home 5G unlimited service for $50 a month for the trailer. since I qualify for ACP it only costs me $20 a month which is what I was paying for the hot spot, but the hotspot had a data cap, the Home 5G does not.

where I am at the moment the service is great, 5 bars all the time, but I know that in some areas it is crap, so I if I move the trailer I might have to rethink what service to use.

Verizon home internet is not permitted to be moved either.

T-Mobile doesn’t care where you take theirs so we have that instead of Verizon.

Verizon home internet is not permitted to be moved either.

T-Mobile doesn’t care where you take theirs so we have that instead of Verizon.

Verizon EULA requires you to notify them first if moving/traveling with the unit, they absolutely allow usage with an RV as long as you notify them first. if you do not, they will not provide you with technical support outside of the registered home address:

the unit is not geo-locked once activated, so it works just fine moving it to different locations though signal may vary which is likely why they want you notify them.

First I've heard of this, will be interesting to see how this plays out if any others get affected. What exact plan did you have? Tablet, phone, hotspot??? Wonder what would happen if you went to a store and signed up for another one? There are plenty of options and yes, it's time to ante up for Starlink.

I had the tablet hotspot plan (bring your own device) called the professional which was 150 GB per month. When I gave them the IMEI number they said uh sorry we don’t have a plan for that device. They kept trying to sell me a jet pack and yanking out the sim and I thought about saying yes until I said I need a 100 gb plan and they said no we don’t have a plan with that much data. I can’t for the life of me understand what Verizon is trying to accomplish with this in today’s world. Interestingly the 5g store sells data plans. I have to look further.

Sadly and often it's the store and they are so disconnected from the parent company. I would just go to a different store, tell them you just want a SIM card (nano for newer Pepwave's) and you don't want a jetpack, etc. I've had to fight several stores both Verizon and T-Mobile in this scenario and end up getting out with a SIM card. Sometimes I have to give them my IMEI but prefer not to. Again, it's the very untrained sales people it seems.

Believe it or not I was talking to Verizon customer service. I haven’t been to a store but I’ll give it a try. Pray for me.

Latest resources

Back