• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Very disappointed in dog owners

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Likely the same people who leave the public restrooms a mess.It is difficult to comprehend some human adults.

Prior to COVID, I liked to keep a few bags in my pocket and hand them to people when I saw their dog doing its business. Even if they had bags, I’d do it just in case they were feeling inclined to let that one be. These days I try to be respectful and keep some distance, but I still yell out to them “there’s some dog bags over there!”

Amazing how much people’s behavior changes when they realize someone else is watching. Still, I do come across the occasional tootsie roll and pick it up when I see it. Sometimes it’s a king size and you gotta wonder whether it was the dog or the owner.

Sounds a lot like where I am. People thinking they can use my site as a walkway (even when I have been outside) and the ones around me that do not use any sort of leash, AND the neighbor that brought his dog over to my side for the evening potty break (no leash) while I was out with my dog on her leash, his dog came up to mine and quarreled with mine. Again another just like the rest that couldn't even say Hi, Bye or even Kiss my a$$. I get real tired of the total lack of respect.
edit: Forgot about the poop that I cleaned up in my site that clearly wasn't from a 90 pound dog.
So much for getting away to relax!

Out of the things you mentioned I would have completely lost it about the unleashed dog quarrelling with your dog.

If this is an indication of what it’s going to be like in the near future with all the new campers I will hang up the keys!

I see young kids out walking the family dog in the CG (or in my neighborhood) and you know they aren't going to pick up after the pet.

I wish it was an isolated issue, however, it's every where. I live Longview Texas and use to live in subdivision; next door neighbor was retired doctor who had a large white lab. the dog came to my yard each day and pooped(dog weighed 100lbs so you can imagine the pile)-i asked the couple to restrict the dog however it continued until i scopped up a pile one morning and placed it on their sidewalk outside the front door(i know, childish thing to do, i'd had enough).
I've even noticed lately as my wife, and i walk, on the walking trails in our town dog poop on the cemented walks; i mean there are 2 dog parks on the walking trial.

This is a problem that we know we'll have to face at the Deer Springs RV Park. I doubt it will be a problem around the sites, but given the amount of open (and remote) area around the park, I know certain people will tend to let slide their poop-picking-priorities.

DSCN0537.JPG

Over the years we have noticed it in about every park we have stayed at, some more than others. I will say our current park has pretty responsible pet owners because I have yet to see any shoe bombs laying about.

My worse experience with a pet owner was a few years ago early in the morning. I was having my first cup and had just sat down looking out the front windshield of our coach. A gentlemen walked his dog by and stopped in front. No one was around since it was about 6am. My new Harley was sitting right in front of the coach with a cover over it. His dog had stopped at the side of my Harley where I couldn't see it but I certainly suspected it was peeing, I just hoped not on the side of my motorcycle or the cover. The owner took off walking down the street as I made my way out of the coach. Sure enough there was a huge wet spot on the side of my motorcycle cover!

I yelled down the street and informed the dog owner in no uncertain terms to never let his dog pee on my motorcycle again. He hollered back that his dog hadn't peed on my property. I started to walk toward him to make my point but he scampered into his RV too quickly.

I reported the incident to the office a couple hours later. The office manager told me the culprit was pulling out before noon but she would enter a notation into their system and he would not be allowed to stay there again.

When our standard schnauzer takes a 'dump' she is trained to do it into the bag. Other campers are always fascinated.
Many RV parks we have stayed at assess a $25.00 - $50.00 fine if you do not pick up after your pet or keep them on a leash. We would have no hesitation in asking an offender to comply with the park rules, or, report them to park management if they did not.
From my perspective, not picking up after your dog is the same as not changing a 'crappy' diaper on a baby. Responsible pet ownership comes with some responsibilities to the pet & others around you. If you are not prepared to accept those responsibilities, perhaps you should give serious consideration to not owning a pet.

Sure enough there was a huge wet spot on the side of my motorcycle cover!
What a jerk.

I reported the incident to the office a couple hours later. The office manager told me the culprit was pulling out before noon but she would enter a notation into their system and he would not be allowed to stay there again.

I plan to keep notes as well. There are a few things that really irritate me and this dog poop is one of them. People speeding through the park is another.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back