• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Very hot 50amp cable plug

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I get that! Was I right about the white wire on the fried contact?
Don’t remember. It was few years ago. I just connected the cord directly to the transfer box.
No problems after that.

Don’t remember. It was few years ago. I just connected the cord directly to the transfer box.
No problems after that.
I was thinking of others that might experience the same problem!

So should others experience the same problem. Switching the ground connection to the fried contact will offer a reprieve! It seems to me the failure was due to actuating the reel when cord is plugged in! The effect is similar to plugging a heater in with the switch on. So keep that in mind when connecting your coach and adjusting cable length. Complete your set-up before switching your breakers on!

I was thinking of others that might experience the same problem!

So should others experience the same problem. Switching the ground connection to the fried contact will offer a reprieve! It seems to me the failure was due to actuating the reel when cord is plugged in! The effect is similar to plugging a heater in with the switch on. So keep that in mind when connecting your coach and adjusting cable length. Complete your set-up before switching your breakers on!
Very good point - hadn’t thought of that. Rotating the reel while plugged in could cause arcing in the contact assembly.

Latest resources

Back