• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Walkie Talkies

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I don't remember what I have to be quite frank. I think though mine has both. Can't say that for sure. I know some of the channels require licence/registration, others don't. I have had FSR radios in the past that found their way into the donation bin. As you Hams know(had a novice in the early 80's and let it laps) the rule is use the power necessary to communicate.
For me it is about the quality, reliability, and how well the toy picks up a signal. Yes antenna pre-amp is better when you spend the money, you do get what you pay for.

All gmrs radios include frs frequency

We have always used our iphones when backing into a site. I simply put mine on speaker mode while the DW stays outside and makes sure no kids or anything else gets in my way. We can communicate in calm quiet voices when needed and no goofy hand signals. In 11 years of being on the road we have never arrived at a site were we didn't have a cell signal (Verizon).

We have always used our iphones when backing into a site. I simply put mine on speaker mode while the DW stays outside and makes sure no kids or anything else gets in my way. We can communicate in calm quiet voices when needed and no goofy hand signals. In 11 years of being on the road we have never arrived at a site were we didn't have a cell signal (Verizon).

Cell phones are very simple.

Far too often we camp where there are no signals.

That would be good to know going in. I'm not a huge fan of not having a way to contact emergency services at 1am.

Latest resources

Back