• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Tip Want To Save On Diesel Purchases?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Because it's a DEBIT card essentially so you're getting cash prices at stations and also some offer further discounts like TA/Petro. Last year it was Love's.

I've never really understood this, I can see it but it doesn't make sense.

If it's alright at the car dealer, with Visa, Mastercard and the mortgage co. why not TSD?
What's not to understand? I get very cautious when a retailer asks for a SSN. It's what I call a "red Flag" when purchasing a product or service "online". It took further investigation to understand how the program works. Once I understood that it all made sense and I signed up for the program.

We just used in Missoula, MT yesterday. There is a Love’s and TA at exit 96 along I-90 and using the app found the price .05 cheaper at Love’s so don’t assume TA is the cheapest. Love’s .20 off cash price discount was better than TA, surprised ?
We had the same experience in Missoula a couple of weeks ago, @NWIP. Love’s has usually capped their discounts at $0.16/gallon, so am pleased to see that they are now being more competitive. Their stations are usually a cut above most of the others, but $$$$ talks. We’ve seen discounts as high as $0.80/gallon at T/A-Petro in the past, but lately that has come down some.

We were also surprised to see that the Conoco truck stop in Missoula (Muralt’s Travel Plaza) now accepts the TSD card and their price was very competitive as well. However you slice it, the TSD/EFS card is a winner for diesel buyers.

Safe travels.

TJ

I've never really understood this, I can see it but it doesn't make sense.

Here's why; Every single time you have applied for credit, car loan, cc, house, anything you had to give your SS # and that was alright. TSD is extending you credit albeit for a short time and hopefully when they do the ACH you have money to cover the purchase you made recently. If you don't pay for the fuel, they can use your SS# for collections and credit reporting just like a CC company would.

If it's alright at the car dealer, with Visa, Mastercard and the mortgage co. why not TSD?
Yeah I agree. I'm not sure why people get upset about them asking for a SS number. Just about any credit company or bank wants it and when and weather ya know it or not it is out there for government agencies to see and use. Medical places use it also. So many know and have your SS it is not funny.

I am new here but have been using the EFS fuel card for a few months in CA.
It works!!
My caution is for those traveling to or through OR.
The very attractive price in the EFS app is not accurate.
The explanation I got when calling the help line is that there is a $0.36/ gallon service fee on all fuel purchased on the card in OR.
So, although there is a discount, it just isn’t as attractive as it looks in the app.

I just looked at my settlement sheets for my last two stops in Oregon (May 2021) and found nothing to indicate an additional charge for Oregon “service fees.” The discounts were $0.46 and $0.48 per gallon. Saved just under $90 over pump prices, which were shown as I remember them from when we stopped. Maybe this is something new since May 2021; hope not.

TJ

We are figuring to hit the road in the next couple of months and something like this, with the current cost of fuel, sounds like a real heck of a deal. Thanks for the data folks!

Eddie

TSD is also developing a program to save on gas.

I’ve used the TSD card a lot on this cross country trip. Throughout the Southwest there were plenty of spots to use it although the discounts off list at most TA stations really only got you down to just below what the smaller stations were advertising. On the Gulf coast, forget about it. Very few stations. The card does, however, make fueling much more convenient.

Right now we are still on our winter site. Our F350 is our "daily driver" although with the rising cost of diesel we are running most errands on the Harley.

I can find several local stations still priced around $4.20 per gallon for diesel but a Love's close by (only TSD within 50 miles) is currently at $4.46. So currently the TSD card is not going to save my anything. My hope is that come May it will change as we get on the road.

Latest resources

Back