RV Model
Ventana
RV Length
43'
TOW/TOAD
Ram 1500
Fulltimer
Yes
I have a2015 Ventana with the dreaded Whirlpool washer. Have spent more money on repairing this machine to no avail, than I care to disclose. Have bought a Splendide machine to replace it. Any help in how to remove the old machine will be appreciated. The dryer is mounted on a shelf so it shouldn't have to be removed to get the washer out. Wife is fed up with beating clothes on rock at the creek. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I’m assuming your asking how to remove it from the cabinet , there should be a thin board that pinches the top of the washing machine that spans side to side and held in with a screw on both sides. You will need to remove the board. Once removed you will be able to lift the washer up. It also may be necessary to remove the cabinet door. Pictures of the installation would be helpful to further assist.

Agree with @Stuart W . Once you remove the hold down board and disconnect electric plug and water lines, you can lift it out. I hired a mobile tech to assist me because of a bad back. Once we got it out we rolled it on a hand cart out the door, brought the new one in, leveled it, installed, and reattached the doors.

Attachments

• IMG_2488.jpeg
    IMG_2488.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 10
I have a2015 Ventana with the dreaded Whirlpool washer. Have spent more money on repairing this machine to no avail, than I care to disclose. Have bought a Splendide machine to replace it. Any help in how to remove the old machine will be appreciated. The dryer is mounted on a shelf so it shouldn't have to be removed to get the washer out. Wife is fed up with beating clothes on rock at the creek. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Let me suggest first don't give up. ALL compact washers are not as reliable as full size home units. Originally I had issues with my whirlpool and all the community comments about them make you think it's no good, they are actually good. Whirlpool is one of the more trusted washer/dryer companies in my opinion but there are some things I learned along the way and as of today my 2017 installed whirlpool works just fine but I had some learning to do.

Initially with the problems Newmar did warranty service on it replacing the door lock which is the trend item and also the motherboard. But that didn't solve the issue, the problems remained. @J&JD shared a tip from a tech that serviced his and the simple solution to all my problems was simply putting washers on the back side of the door lock in between the washer and back side receiver to bump out the receiver (lock mechanism). The lock mechanism is plastic crap and it has play and as a result the washer may not detect a good lock in the sensor. By pushing the back side out a little with washers as spacers it causes the door lock mechanism to have a tighter lock and less play and therefore fixes most of the issues. It's a super simple fix, far simpler than removal, replacing, etc. I had actually replaced the door lock on my own, it worked for a while and then the problem came back. Door locks are cheap, I bought several thinking I'd just replace it annually. Once I put the spacers in the lock mechanism all worked great and still has to this day.

The other tip is it's a compact washer and you have to put small loads in it. You can't put a week plus worth of laundry in (for 1 person) and especially too many towels will cause an out of balance situation where it won't go into high speed spin. So the main thing here is we need to understand how to care and feed a compact washer as it is not like our home S&B units.

To remove it you'll have to remove the cabinet doors, top board as discussed, disconnect, etc. I even had to disconnect the toilet floor screws and rotate the toilet out of the way. The dryer is not so bad, the washer is very heavy and you're likely to ding/damage something on its way out. A mobile tech is a great idea if you really go down this path.

Is Splendide any better? I don't think so, I've heard plenty of complaints on those as well and in fact just in the past 1-2 days on a Newmar Facebook group someone said they just went through all the pain of replacing their Whirlpool with Splendide and now the Splendide doesn't work and requires a new motherboard.

Hope this helps...

P.S. I tried to find the Splendide post by searching the groups for "splendide" and was surprised to see how many problems were being discussed with those. They all have problems. And I couldn't find the post from yesterday, will try again later.

FWIW I have this Maytag in my 2016 (dealership install). Been a very good machine, but as stated above, I do small loads more often

Also both machines would rock back and forth on their mounts enough when driving that the dryer knob contacted the back of the wood louvers in the cabinet door causing damage (repairable), so I installed a stop to prevent this ( second pic).
0CEF458F-A385-40A8-991A-88FD9586E599.jpeg67C3FCB2-24EA-4A35-9DB2-38273B3E370E.jpeg

Thanks for the responses. Got the old machine out and will be putting the new Splendide in tomorrow. Bought the Splendide at camping world with a special 25% off coupon for $832.

Latest resources

Back