• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

sstephenson

RVF Newbee
Hi all,

I'd like to watch RV Park cable TV using an Anker Nebula Capsule II projector. Since I'm not using a TV, there is no built-in TV tuner. The Capsule II projector does have built-in Android TV as well as Chromecast. I'm wondering if there is a way to hook up the coax from the RV park cable to the projector? Is there an app that would allow me to select channels coming from the coax? Thanks!

Seems to me you have to have something that can decode the channels. This is why we need to scan for channels with our TV's when we get to new locations with cable. Not sure if there is a box you can buy that does this then outputs via a HDMI or component out to your projector.

Seems to me you have to have something that can decode the channels. This is why we need to scan for channels with our TV's when we get to new locations with cable. Not sure if there is a box you can buy that does this then outputs via a HDMI or component out to your projector.
Hi Neal, thanks for the reply. I need something to decode the output from the RG-6 F connector coming from the RV Park power post. I was thinking something like a Hauppauge TV tuner or a Geniatech TV tuner to plug into the projector USB input, but I'm not sure how I would change channels. I see that Geniatech has an app called FTA Tuner Loader, but I'm not sure if this would work. I was hoping to find someone who had tackled this one.

With Hauppauge you can connect to the cable, the hardware / software will decode that into channels. Then there are multiple applications to change the channels including the base driver from Hauppauge. There is also open source SageTV and Kodi, etc. that will integrate with the Hauppauge and provide a user interface.
Our myServer 5 application back in the day did this integration for a while, but it hasn't been supported in a few years as it doesn't have as much need with DirecTV and now streaming that most commercial / sticks and bricks now use for media content.
myServer 6 has a TVGuide feature that works with IR cable boxes...I am sure that can be coaxed into doing what you need...
There are a lot of ways to accomplish this...lots of TV tuners available. An old VCR?
You just need a RG6 input and HDMI output device with a Tuner in the middle...

Latest resources

Back