Coachman
RV Model
Sportscoach srs365rb
RV Length
Chassis
Freightshaker
Fulltimer
No
Well, after a SOGGY several days at the kid's place, we learned a few things about our new to us rig. Sportscoach 365 RB
After being in the rain all night, when we pulled in the slides, we got a TON of water inside. We do have toppers, but they appear to be coming away from the coach. Not sure if that is a possible cause.
I checked the seals on front and back of slides, they are soft and flexible.
I don't know what to do. Wife is NOT at all happy.
Any ideas?

Depending on the wind etc you can get water on top of the slides even with toppers.

Haven’t had to do it myself but, what I have read other doing is, when leaving lower the jacks on the front or rear just enough to get the water to run off. Once the tops have drained you can put the jacks back to operate the slide (if you need the leveling jacks set to operate the slides).

Toppers being pulled away should be looked at and repaired if needed - use caution since the springs on them do have quite a bit of tension. That is not a bad job but normally a two person one to get them set correctly.

I was wondering if Jack manipulation would help. I understand that she is not a boat, but it should keep some water outside.
I did not realize that the toppers kept a lot of the water off, I thought they were more for debris. I think I will make an appointment to have them replaced.

Thanks for the info

They are for debris and water but being open and when windy they can get water on top of the slides.

Another thing to watch for is when it is very windy. We had the FWS topper extend all the way in the wind and then spring shut when it died down again. Based in the weather we pulled the slide in till the storm was past.

Had a bad storm with high wind where we are now a while back - two slide toppers on a coach across the street ended up ripped in the wind since they left their slides out.

Only been in a couple storms where we felt the necessity to pull the slides in but something to think about.

After a rain, we would lower the back or front first, on the Canyon Star, to be sure that the slides drained any water off. Sometimes a significant amount of water flowed off them to the ground.

After a rain, we would lower the back or front first, on the Canyon Star, to be sure that the slides drained any water off. Sometimes a significant amount of water flowed off them to the ground.
Yep, same here, even with slide toppers, before slide toppers I would send my son up top to sweep all debris off the slides, he loved to go up there

Another one, specifically for my full wall slide, that usually dips the front to get any water that puddled on the slider topper off, as well as any that might have made it on the slide wall. one time was enough, when I pulled in my full wall slide, pulled out of the campsite, and the first time I hit the breaks, got drenched with water coming off the full wall slide.

Since my slide topper tends to hold water, if there is a heavy storm, I'll go ahead and try and drain it after the storm/next morning, even if not leaving, just so the topper isn't sitting there stretching out.

Well, I washed it yesterday with the slides closed, and big surprise, I got water. I was think I am going to have to pop out and inspect the top seals. Grrrrr

Yep, same here, even with slide toppers, before slide toppers I would send my son up top to sweep all debris off the slides, he loved to go up there
Can you share your son around? :) My wife makes me go up.

Our previous coach had one slide that had an uneven top so the slide seal would not keep the rain from coming in. We would tilt the coach down on that side whenever there was a fairly heavy rain. That seemed to solve the problem. A pain but worth it.

Latest resources

Back