Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wr Sahara
Fulltimer
No
Newmar king aire grinding sound. Where is it and is it something I can do?

Water pump should be in your wet bay. Typically attached to wall behind left side of wet bay panel. Not sure if you have an access panel being a King Aire but on mine I can look under the panel and see it mounted to the left wall.

Should be easy to find near the wet bay, just follow the grinding sound. In most cases the pump is easy to change. Almost all the pumps are plug-and-play replacements.

As above, somewhere in the wet bay. Turn it on follow the sound - you’ll be able to find it pretty easily with it running.

Changed out the pump. No more grinding! Pressure not good though. I bledthe lines and primed the pump. I am going to change the filter in the wet bay but it is only 6 months old. Thanks everyone!

Changed out the pump. No more grinding! Pressure not good though. I bledthe lines and primed the pump. I am going to change the filter in the wet bay but it is only 6 months old. Thanks everyone!
A couple thoughts on this:

Typically RV water pumps are positive displacement and will pump air so they never need priming, and will quickly bleed air from any water fixture. Also the filter is usually before the tank, filtering incoming water, so changing it (or not) should have no affect on water pressure from the pump - it would only be a factor when hooked up to a water source.

Because this is a King Aire it should have a different system so these “normal“ attributes may not apply, but if they do, your pressure issue is elsewhere.

I’m guessing your wet bay looks like this: 5418E7C9-4FF9-4B0B-AFDB-0A63915FFD3E.jpeg
If thats the case, does it have a recirculation valve or some other valve that returns water to the tank? That would cause low pressure. Also a water pressure adjustment or perhaps your new pump isn’t the same specs as the OE pump? I’m guessing here, but the KA system is more complex than a typical RV water system so it may have some feature causing the low pressure.

Changed the filter and am now back in business. My pump was changed with the same pump. Remco aqua jet. Yes that is my wet bay but my pump was attached to the right sidewall instead of straight back.
Thank you for responding.

Latest resources

Back