• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Water pump runs after driving?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Yeah, I'm like that. I don't want to drink from the tank. It took me a long time to drink the water from the refrigerator and no have no problem with the shore water (well, in most places - not AZ) going through all my filters. I guess we all have our quirks.

Several times now after I arrive somewhere and get the coach secured and level, I notice the domestic water pump running. I open a faucet and after a few seconds of passing some air, the lines pressure up and the pump stops running. I am wonder ing why that would happen. The tank is 1/2 full. I could see if the tank was near empty maybe but it would seem that there would have to be a pressure drop on the down stream side of the pump for it to run? Any ideas? I know I should probably just shut off the pump while under way or even sitting idle.
Sucking air someplace!

This happened to me once. When I stopped at a rest area, I noticed the pump was running while I still had half a tank. Didn't bother to run the faucet, just turned the pump off. It worked when needed after stopping. Not sure of the cause, but I removed the plumbers nightmare they install to winterize (I don't ever need to use it) and ran the line directly from the tank to the pump. Haven't had an issue since.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back