Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved Water pump shuts itself off - frequently! (Newmar)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Well I finally got around to this and installed the intellitec module and it works. What remains to be seen is how long it works - ie: does the system stay energized or shut itself off.

I found this while looking for information on the C-Storm module: https://newpar.newmarcorp.com/instance1Env99NEWMAR/html/images/120525.pdf after removing it, and it would have only been marginally helpful since, while the information is good, the module is buried so it would be difficult to troubleshoot.

Also this is the one occurance I’ve experienced so far where Newmar was stingy with wire. Normally there is a coil of several feet of extra wire zip-tied up somewhere because apparently they use the same harness for everything from 35-45’. But in this case there is no extra wire to make the job easier or allow for a slight relocation of the module. Oh well. Hopefully its fixed and I can move on to other fun little repairs.

Last edited:
Mine has worked for 5 years now.

I’m hopeful and the trouble shooting guide and the ground trick that I think you wrote about elsewhere are good back ups.

now how does one mark a thread “resolved”?

You would have to edit the OP, it may timeout on you so just ask staff to change it. Done.

10-4 - Thanks!

I have a 2007 Newmar Coach also , I have 3 switches 1 by the sink 1 in the wet bay and 1 in the bathroom . How do I turn the water pump off ? Another question I live in Canada beginning to winterize my unit. How and where is the shut off by pass switch for the water heater ? I have drained all the fresh water and the next step is to add the plumber anti freeze. Thanks

If you have a typical propane water heater, look for a valve in the plumbing directly in front of the water heater, probably in the back of a cabinet. Wherever your water heater is placed, the by-pass is probably not far away.

As far as shutting off your water pump, it should be off and stay off if any one of the switches is turned off. Not sure I understand the question.

As far as my system goes, the controller seems to have been the problem; the new one has been in service for over two weeks and the system has stayed on, so I’d say the operation was a success.

Thanks for reply ! By turning off those 3 switches 1 in the coach by kitchen sink and 1 in bathroom and also 1 in the outside bay , will that turn my pump off ?

any one of them will do it. Do they have an LED as an indicator that the system is on? Mine are spring loaded, momentary switches, so if I turn one off, hitting another would turn the system back on. Your’s must be regular switches.

Latest resources

Back