• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Water under area outside

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Not to sound stupid here, but what is a "lift pump"? Our gray water just runs to the gray tank.
The 3626 gas a pump to pump water from a small tank in the bay under the slide to the gray tank. The kitchen is in the passenger side slide. The gray tank is under the bathroom, on the driver side.

Also, a tip for the 3626. If you are sloped significantly nose down, water from the baathroom sink will eventually back up into the shower. Apparantly one pipe serves both, with no backflow control.

Last edited:
I'll hazard a comment, a Lift Pump is aptly named, it lifts water, in this instance Grey Water, to a tank at some distance or higher level for disposal. A Lift Pump allows flexibility in design. Water Appliances can be placed in areas gravity will not flow wastewater to the desired location. Also, allows the waste tanks to be placed higher in the chassis.

I'm familiar with lift pumps but I had no idea a Baystar had one (or needed one for that matter). I can't understand why as all the drains are above the frame rails and the tanks are not. Our DS doesn't have one nor did our former Baystar. Is this overcomplication of something that could have been done differently?

Hi all,
Just a quick update on the water problem. Had appt for maintenance so this was a priority. They were stumped with water pouring out with kitchen faucet on. Yes, there is a pump. Come to find out the ground fault had popped. Had a heck of a time finding the solution. Ground fault is in the bathroom. Who would have thought? Good ending and thank you for the people that responded.
Have a new question -we are looking at a 2023 Ventana. Should have bought DP to start with. Husband wants to order and I have said no. Time a wasting to travel. 2024 have larger engines. I know there are a lot of Ventana owners on this forum. Do you think 360hp 6.7L Cummins is ok? Model 3709
Look forward to your input. Thanks

Figure out your budget, add 20%, get something you're going to enjoy and don't delay for tomorrow.

The 6.7 is “ok” but thats about it. The new 35’ and 38’ Ventana’s have an 8.9L ISL (or L9 as FL calls it) rated at 380 hp (doesn’t sound like much more) but 1150 tq which is a huge difference. 8.9 liters vs 6.7. And it can probably be tuned for higher HP at a reasonable cost. I know some 400hp ISL owners have had theirs bumped to 450hp. So there’s that and the higher axle ratings, and 9” wheels with bigger, higher rated tires, and a new/improved front suspension design as well as quite a few other updates and improvements. Here’s the chassis spec: https://cdn.fccchq.com/specsheets/63e193459f1fa5015751477a/2024-Newmar-Ventana-Specs.pdf
So if I were buying new right now I would definitely choose ‘24 over ‘23. Back to your question, the 6.7 is adequate but it took me a while to learn how to drive it to achieve reasonable performance - I’ve learned to prepare in advance for any anticipated need for acceleration (lane changes, leaving intersections), downshift in advance for grades and plan to be in 3rd on longer grades, and in general frequently shift manually and only use the cruise control on long flat stretches of highway - the 8.9 would be a wonderful improvement in drivability, and while I am satisfied overall with my coach (high-option special order with a lot of upgrades and improvements), I’ll probably look closely at lightly used 2024 35’ models in a couple years.

Figure out your budget, add 20%, get something you're going to enjoy and don't delay for tomorrow.
Thanks for your comment. You are absolutely right. Bought 2022 Bay Star a year ago May. Took short little trips to the lake. Planned to be gone all Winter, but had health bump in the road. Ready to go-you never know.

Latest resources

Back