Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I saw this question on Facebook so I'm stealing it :) I wondered the same thing, do you wave at fellow RVers as they pass you by either same or opposite direction? As a former corvette owner we always waved at each other, now a Porsche owner, we wave at each other. When I started out RVing I waved but no one else waved! Now I don't wave and never see anyone else waving. What is your experience and why is this?

I usually don’t because I am focused on the road and not whether or not @Neal is waving at me. Also, I usually can’t see the driver until the last second due to windshield glare and other things, so I just don’t.

with my cruise set a 75MPH - and my cold drink (Iced tea or Ice Water) in my hand, I don't have time to set the drink down to wave:cool:

We've noticed that very few RVer return a wave and I suspect the reason is that they are focused on guiding multiple tons of equipment down the road safely. When we pass another coach going our way (or, are passed by one), we usually acknowledge them and they frequently reciprocate.

Another thing that seems to have gone away is truck drivers acknowledging your signal (lights flashed) that they are clear to pull in front of you. That used to be very common. Now, I doubt that one-in-fifty truck drivers will flash their running lights after pulling in to acknowledge your signal.

Different times.

TJ

Last edited:
No. Never saw anyone do it. I wave in the campground when not driving.

If I’m on a two-lane road that has a speed limit no more than 35mph, I’ll likely wave. Under those circumstances, I feel somewhat obliged.

I do, if on smaller two lane roads. Probably more so if it’s another pusher and always if it’s another Newmar. I guess that seems a bit uppity on my part but it is what it is...

I wave to oncoming motorhomes on two lane roads. I get a wave back I'd say about 75% of the time.
Out of habit, I wave at Jeeps too!

I started out waving, it’s a Jeep thing you know. Not sure anyone ever has waved back. But it is hard to see the other person waving when passing at 65 MPH. Now I just wave to everyone in campgrounds.

It's a mental thing. If they can't read my vibes I can't help that.:)

Latest resources

Back