• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Waving to fellow RVers?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
While riding my Harley 95 percent of the fellow riders will wave. Within the community the debate is not whether you wave but to who and how. Imho To be cool it has to be a low peace sign wave and never get caught waving at non Harley riders.

Yeah, motorcyclists stick out their left hand horizontally at each other.

I agree that truckers no longer use their lights to thank, even tho I'll use my lights to tell them its ok to pull in front of me.

Yeah, motorcyclists stick out their left hand horizontally at each other.

I agree that truckers no longer use their lights to thank, even tho I'll use my lights to tell them its ok to pull in front of me.
When I was young bikers always gave me one finger while I was on my small rice burner. Hauling a kwik kamp behind my wing motorcyclists waved most of the time. Yes the hand out to the left so the wind don't blow it off. Might be a respect thing, never felt I had to look like a biker to ride, maybe the bugs in my teeth and the rain suit.

Had many truckers honk and give me thumbs up while on the road as they passed me, likely because of my vintage rigs. but 90% give me a thank you with the lights. I always thought it was to signal the truck behind them that someone would signal to let them in without trouble.

I do some of the time in a half hearted way. I will much more Enthusiastically if I see a Newmar in time to do so. I’ve been getting some waves back recently On our current trip, more than usual.

I do some of the time in a half hearted way. I will much more Enthusiastically if I see a Newmar in time to do so. I’ve been getting some waves back recently on our current trip, more than usual. On a very rare occasion, I suppress a desire for the one finger version.

Latest resources

Back