• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Web security

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Recently I've been moving to Two Factor authentication for most important websites. A very nice feature but a bit of a PIA. There is a tool to help with the task. Does anyone use this type of Key. Back in the corporate world it was quite common.

I thought I'd try this one Yubico | YubiKey Strong Two Factor Authentication

Hey @Joe Goodxrvn I have been considering the move myself only for my email account and yes I am getting ready to jump into crypto. Both have two factor identification.

Highly recommend 2FA on any site that offers it. If it's available to me I use it.

2 factor authentication is good but you should really focus on changing all of your passwords. A short phrase followed by numbers can take more than a lifetime to crack. For instance, imgettingtiredofthisorgasm666 . Easy to remember and virtually unhackable. I know lots of people, younger and older that use common passwords that can be hacked in a matter of hours. Focus on upgrading your passwords to something stronger. I like to transpose letters that correspond to symbols that I memorize. Also if you write down your passwords in electronic or written, transpose the first 3 letters with the last 3, someone that finds it cannot access your accounts because they don’t know your method.

IMHO - any password you create yourself is a BAD password. Use a password generator and if you are doing good you'll have NONE of your created passwords in use once everything is updated which can take some time. The absolute most critical password is your EMAIL ACCOUNT. This is the avenue for most attacks. Compromise your email and then you can do password reset requests and change anything.

I suggest EXTREMELY highly 1Password. Works on every platform, works great, simple to use, super great software. (not affiliated) JUST DO IT. It is FAR easier to go through and change your passwords vs. responding to being hacked and having to recover accounts, contact banks and get new cards, the list goes on. An ounce of prevention is worth....

X2 on 1Password

Latest resources

Back