Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Many of you know I lost Sam earlier this year and we had a very special connection. I wasn't sure I could ever find that again so I felt I was done with fur companions. At times I explored breeders and in late summer I learned of a litter that was coming and put a deposit for a puppy. I got the call while at the Balloon Fiesta my new baby girl was born. This past Friday, December 6th, ironically Sam's birthday, I arrived at the breeder flying in from AZ to meet this new member of my family and the RV family. Introducing Elli. She's an 8 week old female yellow lab. We hid out in a hotel Friday to Monday to attend my mother's surprise 80th birthday party as my mother didn't know I was coming, my family didn't know of the surprise I had for everyone. After dinner I snuck her in to the restaurant and the entire restaurant came to greet her. It was an amazing moment. She's been an amazing puppy so far, immediately attaching to me. I could not be happier in every aspect. I'm excited for our new future together RVing and exploring as Sam and I enjoyed so much.

Meet Elli

elli.jpg

She is just beautiful....I am absolutely thrilled for you!

Neal, we are absolutely thrilled for you. "Elli" is beautiful. From our Schnauzer girls, Ellie and Lizzy, "ya done good, Mr. Neal."

TJ, LadyDi, Ellie and Lizzy

Great to see you have a travel companion again. Enjoy the puppy days?

Many of you know I lost Sam earlier this year and we had a very special connection. I wasn't sure I could ever find that again so I felt I was done with fur companions. At times I explored breeders and in late summer I learned of a litter that was coming and put a deposit for a puppy. I got the call while at the Balloon Fiesta my new baby girl was born. This past Friday, December 6th, ironically Sam's birthday, I arrived at the breeder flying in from AZ to meet this new member of my family and the RV family. Introducing Elli. She's an 8 week old female yellow lab. We hid out in a hotel Friday to Monday to attend my mother's surprise 80th birthday party as my mother didn't know I was coming, my family didn't know of the surprise I had for everyone. After dinner I snuck her in to the restaurant and the entire restaurant came to greet her. It was an amazing moment. She's been an amazing puppy so far, immediately attaching to me. I could not be happier in every aspect. I'm excited for our new future together RVing and exploring as Sam and I enjoyed so much.

Meet Elli

Is that the "where's MY Pop Tart" look, @Neal.

Last edited:
She’ll be chewing on spare pickle balls in no time. What a beautiful girl.

Congrats and enjoy!

Beautiful pup! Enjoy!

? Glad to see you will have a beautiful pup in your travels. Congratulations Dad?

Nothing like a new puppy. On our third golden retriever. Your girl has just entered the most critical time in her development from 7 to 16 weeks: puppy socialization. Very important to do it right. Since you have a girl dog the other very import issue for her long term health is the age to have her spayed. I researched this subject a lot. Bottom line she should be spayed just after her first heat. This is an area of raging controversy. The science runs head long into years of tradition generated by the desire to avoid immature females delivering unwanted puppies.

Congrats! Beautiful puppy. I grew up around labs and they are wonderful dogs.

Latest resources

Back