Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What are you paying too much for (summer 2021 edition)?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I wish it was for the RV but it's the house. 16 years old and time to pay my dues. 3 arms and 9 legs!!
Is the houses’ DEF head/sensor ok?

The car problem is directly related to the lack of "chips' for vehicles computers. There are thousands of newly assembled cars sitting on the lots at the assemply plants waiting for the chips and consequently there is a new car shortage. I have been looking for a Jeep Cherokee to use as a TOAD and luckily found a dealer with good inventory and who was willing to sell for "sticker". It pretty bad when a brand new 2021 Jeep Cherokee was only $3000 more than a 3 year old used one with 35,000 miles on it.

I was on the selling end. I bought a 2006 Jeep Wrangler in 2013 for $16,000. I sold it last month for $16,000 when I was asking $15,000 and I had prospects lined up. The buyer met me at my bank with 160 hundred dollar bills. The bank verified the bills were good and the amount was correct.
That's why Camping World wanted my 2012 pickup/ fifth wheel so bad !!!!!

A friend of mine recently went to take delivery of her new Ford Bronco that she had ordered months ago. When she arrived at the dealer another customer was test driving her Bronco. That didn't go over too good and then when the dealer told her the cost was now $30,000 over MSRP she about flipped. He said the people test driving it had made that offer. She had to walk the deal. She contacted an attorney but by the time they got back to the dealer, the Bronco had a new home. This is getting totally out of hand. Why would anybody pay $60-70,000 for a $35-40,000 vehicle.

I wish it was for the RV but it's the house. 16 years old and time to pay my dues. 3 arms and 9 legs!!
We certainly understand what you're going through. We built our house in '98 - replaced the roof ($20k) a year ago, refinishing the pool and pool deck/lanai in a couple weeks ($12k). Our A/C is 11 years old - thankfully we bought top of the line back then and the service company says we can expect another 5+ years from it - actually we have never turned it off since it was installed, maybe that is the secret to a long A/C life? My wife is going to be buying a new car here soon, I will be buried in my '06 Tundra (only 110k on the odometer and runs great), if it ain't broke why replace it.

Everything I have purchased this year has doubled in price compared to the last couple of years, if I can get it at all. It's like some of the things I see foreign countries going through. I'm afraid 'we ain't seen nothing yet'. The poor and middle class are the biggest losers.

A friend of mine recently went to take delivery of her new Ford Bronco that she had ordered months ago. When she arrived at the dealer another customer was test driving her Bronco. That didn't go over too good and then when the dealer told her the cost was now $30,000 over MSRP she about flipped. He said the people test driving it had made that offer. She had to walk the deal. She contacted an attorney but by the time they got back to the dealer, the Bronco had a new home. This is getting totally out of hand. Why would anybody pay $60-70,000 for a $35-40,000 vehicle.
Your friends mistake was not contracting the Bronco when she first went to buy it. So, technically it wasn't "hers". It belonged to the Dealer and they could sell it to the highest bidder. She should have put down a deposit and signed some papers if she wanted it to be hers. AND she could have locked in the price. I mean who knew the price of vehicles would get so rediculas? But they have. Live and learn..........

She did have a signed contract and hidden in the small print, "price subject to change".

She did have a signed contract and hidden in the small print, "price subject to change".
If she had a "signed contract" with that VIN on it they couldn't sell it to anyone else if she wanted it. They could adjust the price due to market conditions, and she could take it or leave it (her choice) but they couldn't just sell it out from under her because somebody offered the dealer more money.

If she went to an Attorney I'm sure he told her the same thing. I've worked at Truck Dealerships for 25 years now. There are laws to prevent dealers from doing what you are describing if your friend did in fact have a signed contract with the VIN of the vehicle on it. I'd be willing to bet she was just upset that the price of the Bronco went up and she didn't realize the price adjustment clause was in the contract. She just didn't want to pay the $30,00 adjustment and I don't blame her. But the dealer was within their right to do so.

Latest resources

Back