Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

What do you carry TWO of when traveling?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I have never really bought into the hauling spare parts all over the country practice. Being full time I don't have a lot of extra room the way it is. If we were loaded down with extra fuel filters, belts, and everything else I wouldn't have room for extra cases of beer when on sale or other important stuff like that.

We carry two Miniature Schnauzers! And, at least two water pressure regulators and two surge suppressors.

@ARD, skip buying the second adjustable water regulator. Just buy a good, fixed pressure (50-55 psi) regulator. Here's the one we carry, in addition to the adjustable Watts 263A.

The Fairview 55 is now my go-to pressure regulator.

TJ

Thats easy People, two of us.

Sign. It's always something. My black tank sensor is showing 100% full although empty. It tends to do that on travel days and will usually go down as the gray tank goes up. Not usually a problem except lately since I've been staying at Harvest Hosts where I don't have access to city water, so I can't just take the fuse out and flush away. Today I'm at a KOA in Des Moines, IA and NOTE TO SELF => carry an EXTRA WATER PRESSURE REGULATOR. Lately, I've been staying at places with lower water pressure so I tightened my Watts Adjustable Regulator way down. Well now I'm at a CG that is blasting 80 psi and I can't loosen it to let up the flow. So now I have access to city water, but too powerful and I have the happy red light indicating that my empty black tank is full and yeah I'm just risking it. I pray I don't blow out my pipes.

So, I'll be buying a second adjustable regulator. I do carry extra fuel filters and belts, but today's little problem got me thinking...what ELSE should I be carrying TWO of? What extras do ya'll carry in your rig?

Do as I did, put a water pressure regulator inline after the water hose reel and forget about it.

Cut the water line and install this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08741JGGD/?tag=rvf01-20

fittings.png

Install a regulator between/inline

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7JZTYX/?tag=rvf01-20

regulator.png

To each their own. I want MY pressure regulator at the tap and before the hose. I know...I know...the hose is supposed to be rated at something like 150 PSI, but it is still a weak link in my mind. I'll stick with regulating the water pressure outside of the coach.

TJ

To each their own. I want MY pressure regulator at the tap and before the hose. I know...I know...the hose is supposed to be rated at something like 150 PSI, but it is still a weak link in my mind. I'll stick with regulating the water pressure outside of the coach.

TJ

I respect that but that hose is cheap and if it's going to blow then it's defective and would have blown already IMHO. This is not an electrical cord reel, it's cheap water hose. The 2nd regulator is more expensive than a replacement hose.

Amazon.com: Camco 50' 22793 Tastepure Freshwater Hose-5/8 x 50': Automotive

I installed an inline water pressure regulator, but also carry the portable Watts water pressure regulator as a backup, although I haven’t used it yet, and don’t expect I will. I recently installed a water valve before the water pressure regulator so that I can easily perform a black tank flush without having to pull out another hose, so I may use the spare regulator at the spigot if the pressure was really high and the new valve showed signs of leaking.

I also carry various belts, fuses, and extra air and electrical cables to connect to the toad. I had the air line pop off once and the cable was ruined due to being dragged on the roadway. I lost one of the linchpins connecting the car to the towbar, so now I carry extra linchpins.

I have extra headlight bulbs. I don’t typically drive when its dark out, but I do have my headlights on while driving.

While I don’t have spare TPMS sensors, I do have spare batteries for them.

I also carry a spare water hose, although I’d have to do some fancy footwork to connect it up in lieu of the one on the reel.

I carry a spare water pump (already mounted) such that if I have issues with the pump, I can move the electrical and water connections from one to the other. I’ve had to do this several times, but several times the issue was with the strainer on the input side of the pump.

Latest resources

Back