Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

What do you love about RVing and the RV Lifestyle?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
This morning I was just thinking about RVing and what is it I love about it? It really can't be put into one thing so I'll list out what I love about RVing, I welcome you to share what it is that you like/love about it too.
  • Travel and exploration: I got my RV because I miss the travels of my Air Force days knowing there is so much to see
  • I have seen so much in the past 3 years of having my first RV that I would have never seen had I relied on forcing myself to travel via plane and hotel to destinations, which may feel like it costs more as you see thousands spent with each destination visited
  • The journey, i.e. driving. I hate long distance driving, by car. In the RV looking out the big window I truly love seeing the scenery and being on the road. I tell myself at times while driving "Look out the window" i.e. turn your head and look at the views
  • The RV itself. It's neat to make your home on wheels your own, learn about it, improve it, share the passion of these machines with others that do the same
  • The community: When I ordered my first RV I chatted with my neighbors that owned a Class C. They are married with kids, I'm single and have a dog. My concern was loneliness, is this going to be a lonely experience? They told me no, the opposite, RVing is very social. And that is true. There are times when at a campground you do just want to be left alone and enjoy the escape, there are times when you want to be among RVer friends. It has not been a lonely or depressing experience at all, quite the contrary
  • The people: Forums like this allow you to connect with many great people that share your passion. We learn from each other, inspire each other, and when you can cross paths it's great to meet. I think of the people I got to meet for the first time at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta, we met up at a CG prior to the event and met up for dinner. The friendships grow and it's great to continue meeting at destinations, do things together, connect.
I'm sure I'll think of more reasons why I love the RV lifestyle but I hope to connect more people via this site and foster more friendships as I've experienced over my past 3 years of RVing. I look forward to hearing your love of the RV lifestyle as you put it into words as well, for those that want to share.

As a Class A newbie looking for nice places to visit, I asked a veteran to tell me about his favorite campground. His advice is memorable: Parkview Riverside Campground in Concan, Texas. Why? It's not the grounds or the scenery or the condition of the campground, but the experiences and friendships made. He and his bride had stayed there for a month and had awesome experiences, and we have met with them twice for the same. I love a nice RV resort, but would trade it away in an instant for great times and new friendships.

All of the above, driving, mods, seeing new places, the new friendships are incredible, relaxing away from the schedule at home, etc.

First and foremost there is no wondering who or what was in the bed before me. It is my home on wheels and I don’t have to pack/unpack a suitcase each new stop.
And my puppy can come along pretty much wherever I go.
I also agree with the points @Neal mentioned.

We love it because we can leave the S&B for a couple months a year and get out and see new places.

Latest resources

Back