RV Model
Reflection 28BH
RV Length
35’
TOW/TOAD
Ford F-250 Super Duty
Fulltimer
No
Wondering what was each of your pivotal points that you got into RV’ing?

Our family went to a RV show just to pass a Saturday. After being in awe 7 years ago, we finally took the plunge this year and entered into that secret society where people smile endlessly. Well, almost.

What is your story on how you got hooked?

I have to say the hassles of post 9/11 air travel became our tipping point. Once my wife saw that motorhomes had toilets, showers, and electrical outlets that you could plug a hairdryer into, her hardline “No camping” rule softened and we eventually got our first Newmar. We still don’t “camp”, but we certainly travel in style.

Last edited:
I guess it was my parents that got me started. We started “camping” as a family when I was about 5 years old. First, it was tents, then a “camper” on a pickup and a travel trailer. When I went out on my own, “camping” was simply a part of me. After LadyDi and I were married, we started with a tent, than a Corvair van (CorVan) and went from there. Spending time visiting interesting places has always been something we have enjoyed.

Our kids spent a lot of time camping with us, but have become less interested over time. They still travel a lot, but are more into hotels and lodges. Our two grandsons and their spouses are big into hiking and camping, however. Whether they will migrate to RVs is still up in the air, but I think they will always enjoy some form of camping.

TJ

We were tent campers in our early years, took our oldest son on a camping when he was around 6 months old ( my Mom thought we were crazy) . We knew we wanted a camper, I don’t think we knew the term RV at that time. Two pop ups , one TT, a fifth wheel and a 31’ Class C now. We have been blessed, we love the adventure.

Started with a pop-up in the mid 70’s and then kind of lost interest and started traveling to other parts of the world. About 20 years ago, on a whim, we started going to rv shows and got hooked again. Fell in love with a 36’ Alpine pusher and ended up traveling to almost every state in it. Love the majestic beauty of this country and love the rv travel lifestyle!

Wondering what was each of your pivotal points that you got into RV’ing?

Our family went to a RV show just to pass a Saturday. After being in awe 7 years ago, we finally took the plunge this year and entered into that secret society where people smile endlessly. Well, almost.

What is your story on how you got hooked?
Completely impulse buy for me. Went to a RV show on a rainy weekend and set foot in a "bus" (Class A) and was amazed how much space was in it and that it was essentially an apartment on wheels. I missed my Air Force travel days and as I run a software biz all I need is Internet. A few weeks later it was on order. Didn't sleep for 3 months while being built as I didn't know if I'd even like RVing -- there is no reward without risk, this proved true, the reward has been huge. I was worried, being single with dog, if this would be a lonely experience. My neighbors with a Class C said no, it would be the complete opposite, it was true. I've met more people and seen more in the past four years than I have the last 20.

Congrats on your plunge, sounds like mine without the years of agony prior :)

I was a tent/tarp camper from an early age. Minimalist. I took my wife camping in a popup, once in 35 years. Once. She wasn't impressed. She saw a show about people rehabbing vans and making them Class Bs. We decided that was too much work. Went looking a Class B. Didn't like the size. Looked for several months. Finally found what we were looking for. 2015 Thor Chateau 28Z with 5K on the clock.

When younger it was to take the kids camping. Then got out of it for quite some time. Then bought a travel trailer because I was working out of town and all the motels were filthy and over priced.
The we decided to start spending the winters in Florida.

My family had a travel trailer when I was a kid and I loved camping. My wife and I always stayed in Condos or nice hotels when we travelled but we have a dog that we hated to leave behind and hated asking people to keep her even though some neighbors ask for her to come over to play with their kids. LOL. So we decided to buy an RV so we could take the dog with us. We love it and so does our dog! :giggle:

Latest resources

Back