Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Papa-Dave

RVF Newbee
Papa-Dave, new to this forum and RVing. I have a wide open question or two. If you were looking to buy a used RV, what is a reasonable number miles (is 65k miles too many) and how old of one would be practical to buy and still be in decent shape? I guess, do they 'wear' well? Not sure what the budget would be.

Welcome to RVForums.com @Papa-Dave, great to have you join our friendly community of RVers. As to your question, it may be hard to answer because a RV can be high mileage from what an auto may be used to but if well maintained mileage is not a good measure. In some cases mileage is better as it shows it didn't sit which is when things seem to break. I don't think 65K is high mileage at all. My 3 year old motorhome has 35K simply because I use it but many use theirs much more.

Welcome to RVF, @Papa-Dave; great to have you here with us.

If you are looking at a diesel RV, 65K miles is just getting broken in. With a gas rig, it is a fair number of miles. As for age, it again depends on what you are looking at.

Let us know a bit more about what you are considering.

TJ

Mostly direct trips to Austin TX, and Ft. Lauderdale FL. where we have family, from Chicago area. Looking at a class C most likely.

A Class C will likely be a gas rig, though there are a few diesels in that market as well. If I were in your situation, I think I would look for a Class C coach on a Mercedes Sprinter chassis; they are diesel powered. The mileage would not be as much of an issue as it would be with one of those vs a gas model (likely on the Ford chassis with V10).

TJ

Latest resources

Back