Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What is Social Distancing...to you?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Washington's governor just imposed a statewide "stay home" order for the next 15 days, at least. Unfortunately, people just weren't doing that on their own and coronavirus cases are increasing rapidly in our state. LadyDi and I live on some acreage out in the country, so it it easy for us to "stay home." We've got plenty of food, water and space to be comfortable in.

I just don't understand people who refuse to do the right thing because they don't like being told to do so. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and do what's right, just because it is the best thing for EVERYONE!

We have cancelled our service visit at Guaranty RV in Junction City, Oregon, and will not be heading to our place in Montana until this situation is under control. That may mean a lost summer for us, but it is what it is.

TJ

Heading to Publix in the morning. With the DW's impaired immune system I am being extremely cautious. We made our first protective face mask this evening out of a paper towel, two rubber bands, and two staples. Actually it looks about like a real mask. Not sure it will help much but it certainly can't hurt.

just don't understand people who refuse to do the right thing because they don't like being told to do so. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and do what's right, just because it is the best thing for EVERYONE!

Amen to that. We have seen a dramatic reduction in cars and people etc in our neighborhood but yet there are still some that are not doing the “essential” thing. Even when outside on a daily walk, people are giving a lot of leeway approaching other walkers including crossing the street. That’s the norm for now.

Interesting, but this morning "PUBLIX" opened at 7:00am, & from 7:00-8:00am; shopping for Seniors only, age 65 & above.
Folks were moving about and keeping a logical distance from each other. Obviously, passing in an aisle 6' is impossible.
Most everyone was courteous to each other, and readily moved, if happened to be stopped in front of an item that someone else wanted to pick up.
Hate to say it, but us "old folks" are more courteous, & respectful than the "younger generations"! Do you find this to be true, as well???

We just got back from BJ's in Merritt Island FL. It was "senior's hour". The same story barely anyone there. Some shelves were empty, but no big deal. We got what we needed, even did some shopping for a neighbor. Looks like things are calming down? Gas is $2.05

Hate to say it, but us "old folks" are more courteous, & respectful than the "younger generations"! Do you find this to be true, as well???
Yes, that is indeed the case and it's been that way for a while now. Hold the door open for someone under 25 and they walk right through it. No acknowledgement. Hold the door open for someone 55 and up, you'll get a nod or a thank you.

Courtesy and respect are quickly becoming things of the past.

Yes, that is indeed the case and it's been that way for a while now. Hold the door open for someone under 25 and they walk right through it. No acknowledgement. Hold the door open for someone 55 and up, you'll get a nod or a thank you.

Courtesy and respect are quickly becoming things of the past.

Absolutely true! And when growing up, if I didn't show proper courtesy & respect, I got a butt whippin! Which one doesn't forget!?

I will say that our son went south for college, a good kid before he went but he learned respect and now acknowledges people by yes sir or yes Ma’am. Best education we could have given him

Latest resources

Back