Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Answered What is the thickness of a Newmar wall, inside to outside?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
A quick search came up with a number of custom RV window MFG. Not sure of quality or pricing but look like there are plenty of options.

Sample

A quick search came up with a number of custom RV window MFG. Not sure of quality or pricing but look like there are plenty of options.

Sample

Quick quote came up with $427 for a replacement window. It’s still frustrating because there are 42x22 on Amazon through RecWorld for half the price. They’re just a hair too tall for my rough opening.

What was the end result? ...
Oh, yeah, I never did finalize. I took the glass to a local glass shop that does residential, commercial and auto glass. They re-attached the rail and all is good. I don't know what product they used.

@Chargerman
I sure hoped you were wrong, but you were spot-on. When I removed the trim ring, it’s very evident. Then I recalled the factory tour and how Newmar uses a router to cutout the skin after it has been installed over the framing. View attachment 14149So, I’m in a real dilemma, now. Hehr out of business, Duncan/Lippert has taken over. Now negotiating, but they only want to sell complete assemblies. It’s obvious now that I MUST stay within the existing rough opening, but no one else makes such a critter especially for a 2 1/2” thick wall. Sigh…

Stay tuned and I’ll keep updating as I proceed.
Due to storm damage and window fogging I had to have two of my coach windows replaced. These windows are Hehr brand as well. While they have been sold they are still making replacement windows. I have replaced windows in my coach myself however this was covered by insurance so I had a glass company handle it. It does take a while to get the glass but they were perfect when I got them.

Latest resources

Back