Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

What is your ideal or dream campground for RVing?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I have yet to shoot it as I'm afraid of the concerns of it being a "firearm" and CG rules. Of course I could ask first and even more so go somewhere where there are no people. But plinking cans is fun too.

Paint it bright orange or yellow. That should alleviate most people’s knee jerk reactions.
Pellet/BB guns are a decent idea except over time, your range gets littered with them and eventually, you don’t want to take a mower through there for fear of launching those pellets and BBs at bystanders or property.

Last edited:
@Jim as for concerns about managing archery equipment, buy a couple of cheap starter sets at Walmart. Drop a couple of posts in the ground at the firing line, maybe 3-6’ apart. Attach a 6’ long, nylon coated steel cable to the bow, connecting it to the post. Nothing heavy duty. Just a little deterrent to keep them from growing legs and walking off in their own. Put a nail in the side of the post, hang bow on the posts. Someone didn’t bring one? There’s one right there for them to use.
get an old whiskey barrel, fill it with cheap plastic round tipped arrows.

I wouldn’t use paper targets. Too much waste and cleanup. Foam you’d need to replace every 6 months to a year.

If you get to northern nevada find walker river resort between gardnerville and yerington nevada. Of coarse they have the pool/hot tub but they have a desert 9 hole golf coarse,pistol range, at least a 20 station shot gun range, small rodeo grounds, float trips down the walker river, bar with slot machines pool tables, horse shoe pits,frog pond and outside the gates hundreds of miles off road trails. Great place for the whole family but definitely an adult playground.

We usually stay in rv parks, but love the state parks in the far west. However, even though Oregon has excellent state parks, often with hook-ups, our favorite spots are private parks right on the ocean or rivers. Especially, Pacific Shores in Newport, Seaperch in Yachats, and Casey’s Riverside Rv, right on a fork of the Willamette River. All of them have big, clean full hook-up sites, and in absolutely beautiful settings. They are peaceful too. Judy D

Latest resources

Back