Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What is your prediction about the rest of 2020?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
As we come out of this mess, there might be a reluctance by folks to travel in planes and stay in hotels. That said, does anyone think that might lead to more demand for RV’s to avoid public transit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks to me like there is significant inventory on dealer lots.....'19 & '20
I'm not sure if there will be a "sales surge" on RV's, maybe so, maybe not.
But my bet is that 2021 production will be significantly reduced!
Dealers cannot sustain the large inventory's, due to tremendous "floor plan" or inventory expense!
I don't mean to sound like a "Negative Nellie", but with the significantly reduced employment, lack of income, and continued living expenses; disposable income for a lot of folks will be severely lacking!
Yes or No?
What's your opinion!

People have been more at home, spending more time with families and trying to relieve stress by doing things outdoors. In some areas this has had negative impact on social distancing closing many National parks like the Grand Canyon.

I think this pandemic may bring changes in the way people vacation bringing more people to the outdoors. This will benefit the RV industry but will not cure the effects that they will be facing.

I think there will be opportunities to buy if you have the means to purchase on existing dealer inventories because flooring gets expensive on inventory that sits and the typical credit line agreement between lenders and dealers starts to have negative economic implications for the dealer as time goes by. If you had cash and you could find the coach that met every criteria you wanted except for specials, I would say making a great deal would be strongly in your favor. I don’t think you will see any great deals on a new custom order however the dealer may pass through a few percentage points off MSRP to make something in these trying times. I think the dealers that do great service like NIRVC guaranty etc will survive as service will carry them through this. Someone made a point earlier that traveling by RV may become a preferred method of travel and I think that is accurate.

Latest resources

Back