Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What office stuff do you keep in your RV?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
What do you all use to access the internet when you travel? I am looking at traveling with the family for about 2 months while still working and need reliable AND affordable internet options. Will likley be visiting national parks and KOA type campgrounds.
We each use an iPad primarily, but also carry MacBook Pro laptops for the times we need full computer capability. And, in a pinch, our iPhones will work, though not as conveniently.

Obviously, we're all Apple here and that may not meet your "affordable" criteria. If the family can share a single...or two...iPads, it would be more "affordable."

TJ

MacBook Pro, iPhone, and iPad. For printing I have an OfficeJet 200. I use Office 365 for rev business which includes One Drive. This allows my phone or iPad to perform scan or copy functions.

We each use an iPad primarily, but also carry MacBook Pro laptops for the times we need full computer capability. And, in a pinch, our iPhones will work, though not as conveniently.

Obviously, we're all Apple here and that may not meet your "affordable" criteria. If the family can share a single...or two...iPads, it would be more "affordable."

TJ
Thanks TJ. So you just pay for a cellular plan or do you also use a satellite or some sort of wi-fi/mi-fi device?

Thanks TJ. So you just pay for a cellular plan or do you also use a satellite or some sort of wi-fi/mi-fi device?
We just use a cellular plan (Verizon) with an expanded data plan (8 GB w/carryover) and any available park wifi. Since we spend a lot of time at our site in the Polson Motorcoach Resort where the wifi is OK and Verizon cell coverage is good, that works for us.

TJ

My wife and I share a MacBook Pro. We both also each have an iPad Pro. I have a computer from work as well. Kids have iPads for school and wife and I have iPhones.

For printing, we carry an HP Tango which rarely gets used. I’m actually thinking heIf getting rid of it. For scanning we use the HP Print Smart App which allows us to scan to PDF, JPG &PNG with our phone camera and it does a surprisingly good job of cropping the background out. We’ve not had to print something in a long time. We can sign things digitally on our iPads and MacBooks.

@Chad Cline for Internet, we have an unlimited plan on AT&T through OTR Mobile. We plug that SIM into a MoFi 4500 cell modem+WiFi router for internet and it works really well.

Last edited:
I also work remotely from my RV. I have an HP laptop with a wireless keyboard and mouse and a 24 inch smart TV that I connect with an HDMI cable for an additional monitor. I use a phone app called Adobe Scan which works remarkably well for scanning. I have Adobe Pro so I can create, fill and/or sign documents which I then send via email. In the rare event they need to be printed and mailed, I send them to my assistant (my DIL) who works out of her home office. We are boondockers so I use a Boost mobile wi-fi device called a Coolpad. I get 50g data for $50 a month. It connects to T-Mobile towers. In the event we can't find one, I use my phone mobile hotspot because Verizon is everywhere but I only have 10g a month on it and extra gigs are very pricey. So we choose our sites by whether there is T-Mobile tower in range.

We are retired, she has a Chromebook by Acer and a Samsung tablet mostly for games. I have Samsung Chromebook Pro. We have an old HP laptop with Linux on it for our important communication. An HP all in one. Not much here that a school kid doesn't have.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back