Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What office stuff do you keep in your RV?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Okay, this is the Camping and Outdoors Gear forum but one part of camping for all of us, i.e at home or a "mobile" home aka our RV we all have our home office needs. Even if retired there are still demands for documents such as signing something and sending it off or printing something. So likely we all have a computer in our RV, how many have printers? Scanners? Or other office related gear?

I'm still working and I run a software biz so I have a bit more elaborate computer setup than most. I also have printing needs as one service I offer relates to printed goods so I have a color laser (HP 452 mdw) printer that sits under my desk. However, one item I think is a must for all is a document scanner. I came across this portable one and ended up buying three: one for the motorhome, one for home office, one for office. The only downfall with this particular one at the moment is compatibility with the latest macOS (Catalina as of this writing) as their scanner software is 32 bit and Catalina doesn't do 32 bit any more.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EKW6JZ4/?tag=rvf01-20

Some people keep their campground brochures for later reference, I know @ARD has a binder (or several) of her travels so when going back to a campground she's documented the good and bad, what sites to stay in, etc. Imagine if that was digitized, although some people prefer hard copy but when space is a premium scanning all of this in for eReference could be worthwhile.

Share your computer/office setup. What do you take along with you and how do you manage printing, scanning, and those home/office demands that we can never get rid of?

On the road we run two businesses. Each one of us has a MacBook. One Brother multifunction BW laser, printer scanner with wireless network.. The printer is in my dresser (I have less clothes ?) in the bedroom. Very basic, but works for us.
I refused to upgrade to Catalina OS, since some of my most used software unusable. They are trying to force us on signing up and pay monthly payments, use it or not.

Retired. No more business workings. Laptop, tablet and phones. Just in case, a printer/scanner/copier. Buffet option is perfect. Left side has a tray drawer for the laptop. The cabinet below has the printer on a roll-out tray. The right side cabinet in buffet has lateral file for coach records, towed records, income tax prep (winter trips) and to keep all trip receipts.

As we are both retired, we do not have the same needs as those of you still working.

Have a new HP Envy 17" laptop ( I like the bigger screen), and use an HP Envy 5055 wireless printer/scanner. The printer was cheap, but so far has done a great job.
The laptop is used for a lots of things, but paying bills, banking, mapping out trips, and reading/following/commenting on the various RV sites.

Hope everyone is staying safe during this crazy time in our lives, and maybe things will start to return to some semblance of order in the near future, and we can get back to the fun of RV Travel!

I travel with my Dell Technical Work Station notebook (gift from my employer at retirement last January), an HP 400 Laserjet (not color, my color one is too big for the coach), and a ScanSnap digital scanner.

This all goes into the computer workstation desk next to the dinette. The DW doesn’t use the computer but she is pretty good on her iPhone and the iPad.

I used to keep two large monitors in the coach, but now that I’m finally retired, I get by with the notebook screen while on the road. The coach does have it’s own dedicated keyboard and mouse so I don’t have to swap that stuff back and forth.

I digitize everything I can and trash the hard copies. I’m grateful that even in retirement, my former office still provides me with tech support an a hot spot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have 3 laptops, 2 old laptops from work and a personal one. Printer we have HP 3752, which is small (they claim smallest available) for print/scan/copies.

I have a MacBook Pro, IPAD Pro, Canon Printer and ScanSnap.

What do you all use to access the internet when you travel? I am looking at traveling with the family for about 2 months while still working and need reliable AND affordable internet options. Will likley be visiting national parks and KOA type campgrounds.

Latest resources

Back