Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What's your RV water pressure when pump is off?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@Neal, I had the same type of regulator as you, and found that at some point, it just stopped regulating. In my old coach, it was mounted in a bay after the hose to the water spigot and before the water filters. For my New Aire, I ordered this...

I have not used it yet, as it was on a long backorder from the manufacturer, and didn’t arrive until we returned from Nappanee. It is HEAVY. Will do as @TJ&LadyDi and use it at the faucet with some quick connects and a wye.

Quick-disconnects are the way to go. I have them on all regulators, hoses, etc. These are the ones I use.

TJ

Regulator is a "must use" thing when connected up to city water. Once I connected my expandable hose directly to the CG spigot to wash the windshield. In about a minute it blew like a rifle shot.
The pressure in the CG water system was 80+ psi I found out. If I had the coach connected directly, I was running a chance to damage something $$$ in the coach

A few years back, we pulled into a campground and when I hooked up the Watts 263A pressure regulator, the gauge read 125 PSI! I thought the gauge had gone bad, so pulled out a stand-alone gauge I carry (no regulator) and double-checked. When it also read 125 PSI, I knew that was the real pressure. Yikes. And, not a sign in the park indicating high water pressure!

TJ

I've been to 2-3 CG's where it was known they were mega pressure. It amazes me how many don't use them, not me, but I do like higher pressure 50-60 but right now my faucets are running well around 40 surprisingly. I would love to get a water pressure tester that I can just put on city water and see what the pressure is, not regulate it, just read it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YMU8JC/?tag=rvf01-20

or

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00838J80E/?tag=rvf01-20

tester.png

I have two different ones that I use, one is preset to 45 PSI, & the other is adjustable. And I always install it at the spigot.
I find that the "preset" one is the easiest, have tested it and it does maintain 45PSI.

NOTE: A quote from my Newmar, big black book that came with the coach.
"The fresh water system in your designed to operate at a maximum of 60 PSI. Water pressure levels above this level can damage the fresh water plumbing in your unit. If your water pressure ever surpasses 60 PSI, you must install a pressure regulator to reduce the incoming pressure, or fill the fresh water tank and use the internal water pump to supply water to your coach.
Page 161...PLUMBING

I'm curious of the pressure drop between the spigot and the house filters (after the reel). This is why I prefer the regulator aft of the reel so I know the pressure at the coach and can enjoy optimal pressure without loss in the distant line.

Latest resources

Back