Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What's your WINTER 2020-2021 plan?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
It's about that time, if not already planned, to plan winter 20-21. I'm sure many of us have ideas in our head but it's mid to late May as of this posting and a lot of unknowns for obvious reasons in the current pandemic. But assuming we'll be set free, traveling with caution which will be the norm for the next year or two I believe, what are your desires for next winter?

I was reviewing the 2020 thread, interesting how that plan has hit the brakes:

As for me I'm planning one of three things for winter this year, won't decide until mid to late September at the earliest due to reservation requirements in Naples where I'm considering.
  1. Stay home this year and get fat(er) in my recliner watching the big TV with hot chocolate in hand sitting next to my fireplace
  2. Head to Naples for Pickleball and enjoy Naples in a second attempt as my first attempt to visit the area I screwed up doing the wrong things (Newmar warranty situation, etc.)
  3. Return to Palm Creek, Casa Grande, AZ for more pickleball action
I already have my Palm Creek reservation as it was made prior to leaving this past winter. It can be cancelled as late as mid December and forfeit $50 of the deposit. Naples is my primary target right now as I love FL, warmer weather, and much better food offerings whereas Palm Creek doesn't have much to offer in town. Option 1 will remain a contender for personal/family reasons. If I do head to FL I'd like to potentially do either the FL keys Newmar Kountry Klub rally or the Tampa Supershow which I've never done.

What are your dreams for 20/21 winter travel? Part B - how will the pandemic impact current or future affect this?

We have FL Key reservation for month of December. Looking for options as we tried to get reservation at Gulf Waters in Ft Myers 3 months, Jan-Mar and told nothing available. May try Naples area or move around FL, staying a month at couple of location. We did NKK Florida in the Keys and was a good time.

Departing SW Michigan 12-26, like past years. I would prefer the day after Thanksgiving, but I’m not in charge. In the even numbered years, my wife chooses when to leave. In the odd numbered years, I don’t have a say.

Heading to Sunrise RV Resort, Apache Junction, AZ. Reservation 1-1-21 to 4-1-21. Might stay a couple more weeks into April.

Basically, we are going to do what we had planned for this past winter but couldn’t. We will be in Florida, traveling all over the state in Jan and Feb doing our dog show thing, then settle in early March in the West Palm Beach-ish area to attend an obscene amount of spring training games.

Talk about pent-up demand, sheesh. We are finally getting on the road next week for the first time this year. Imma bout to splode.

Winterize, store in the side yard, work.:(

We lomg ago made reservations for a two month trip to the south. We had to get reservations over a year in advance to get a stay at Blue Water Key Rv Resort in Key West . On the long journey from our home in California, we have plans for New Orleans, and many lovely spots on the gulf. We also have many reservations for the southern east coast before heading west. Sadly, with this virus, unless there is either a vacine, or a good treatment, we will probably cancel. We will travel in the west, but part of the fun of New Orleans, Key West etc. is the abundance of great restaurants. We will not be able to partake until this pandemic finds some solutions? Judy D

We had to get reservations over a year in advance to get a stay at Blue Water Key Rv Resort in Key West . On the long journey from our home in California, we have plans for New Orleans, and many lovely spots on the gulf.

Judy D
Wow, that's a long trip!

Stay home...in Naples, FL!

Bluewater Key RV Resort in Key West - November 2020
5 months, 12 days, but whose counting. :)

Planning on Quartzite for about a week and then Destiny RV park in Goodyear till the end of March. Right now its just a plan wont be able to finalize until July or so when Destiny starts to take reservations.

Latest resources

Back