Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
I've toyed with the idea of wheel/tire covers but I'm questioning the benefits of having them. In the grand scheme of things, I guess they're not all that large and cumbersome to store. But given all the other stuff I carry, I really don't need one other thing to find room for.

From what I'm told, they protect the tires from UV, which is a major enemy of these big ol black balls of rubber. But given the life expectancy of basically 5 years, is there really any benefit to covering them?

I want the best chance of tires lasting 7 years and have covered tires on several coaches. I use Magnashade covers as they store easily and still show off the wheels?. They also don’t collect critters.

I first bought some from Amazon that go over the tire, I added chains to the bottom (it had loops for it) to prevent them from blowing off and flying away. It was bulky to store, you can get moisture in there, and of course critters. I then bought the Magneshade tire (and mirror and wiper) covers and love them. Compact, effective, and better looking.

Personally, I just don’t see the benefits of tire covers....except for tire cover manufacturers/sales. If you’re going down the road the tires are not covered. Parked, half of them are usually in the shade and at the next stop probably the other half are in the shade. In my opinion, if you replace the tires in the recommended 5-7 year time frame there should be no problem. Again, just my opinion and I’m sure there are many out there that disagree and have valid arguments for using tire covers.

Latest resources

Back