Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Where are the OEM black & gray tank sensors?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

RandyB

Retired
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana LE 4037
RV Length
40' 11"
TOW/TOAD
2021 Chevy Trailblazer
Fulltimer
No
2017 Ventana LE 4037. With the original, DigiLevel tank sensors, where are the level sensor pads located? Are they behind the pegboard or the wet bay panel?

I can tell you where they are on mine, and I have a video on here somewhere when I had the yellow light staying on and I scoped them to see if a sensor detached.

You have to look behind the wet bay panel (white board) and then are on the insides of the tanks, i.e. right side of left tank, left side of right tank that are up on the shelf.

I found your video of the endoscope finding that the sensors are still in position. Thank you. Very convenient location to put sensors. If you can't even see them, how in the world would you service them? I'd guess you'd need to tap into the wires and install the entire string of sensors?

First question - what problem are you experiencing?

As to the setup, quite frankly with the wet bay board off it's not hard to access. I actually put my SeeLevel sensor strips next to theirs as that is the ideal location for sensors based on the tank design. They are not rectangular.

Taking the wet bay panel off looks daunting but it's really not. But you have to assess if it's really necessary. Even to Newmar removing tanks probably isn't a big deal.

I'm still trying to track down the early yellow indicator light. I've added Cascade to a 2/3+ tank, driven a couple hundred miles, set a few days then dumped, rinsed, refilled, rinsed, dump. The refill with fresh water dumped clear. I've since refilled the tank again (red light), added more Cascade (2 cups this time), driven about 12 miles and letting it sit. The coach won't be used for months.

I have some time available and just wanted to get eyes on those sensors. I've got this feeling of a loose sensor giving faulty readings. I'll only be satisfied by seeing the pads. A couple years ago I needed access behind the white wall. Essentially the white panel has been parted into 3 pieces, so access now does not necessitate removing the entire panel.

Edit: I gained access to the area between the black and gray tanks, behind the wet bay white panel. Yup, that’s where they are. Way back inboard, you can barely even touch them. I’m now assured that they are secure and I can focus elsewhere on why they are not giving the expected levels.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back