Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Where can we sell our 2WD Toyota?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

SJBaily

RVF Regular
Hi everyone. We sold our 29' Rockwood (missing it!) and don't know when we'll be getting our next camper. Can anyone tell me the best place to sell our Toyota Tundra? I'm asking because we live in MA and people don't buy that type of truck here. Everyone wants a 4WD because of the snowy winters. But it is great for towing, and took us safely to CA and back. Need some suggestions. I figured there must be RV places where someone who knows what a great towing truck this is would be interested. Thanks in advance for any assistance. Happy camping!

My brother lived in MA for years and he drove a 2WD Tundra for 300,000 miles. Best place to sell a used vehicle is on Craigslist.

My brother lived in MA for years and he drove a 2WD Tundra for 300,000 miles. Best place to sell a used vehicle is on Craigslist.
Thank you, Calsun. But every time I tell someone it's for sale and they find out it's 2WD, they say "That's no good in snow." And the conversation ends. I think I need a place where RVers will see it, for towing.

Well go figure, Mass people can't drive. I grew up and lived in Maine for 52 years and didn't get a 4 wheel drive until my 40's. My wife as well. 4 wheel drive makes you go faster but you don't stop any quicker. Or another old adage is 4 wheel drive will get you stuck worse. Maybe it is the Toyota rust issue that is stopping them? Sure saw a lot of 2 wheel drives over the years......

Well go figure, Mass people can't drive. I grew up and lived in Maine for 52 years and didn't get a 4 wheel drive until my 40's. My wife as well. 4 wheel drive makes you go faster but you don't stop any quicker. Or another old adage is 4 wheel drive will get you stuck worse. Maybe it is the Toyota rust issue that is stopping them? Sure saw a lot of 2 wheel drives over the years......
No rust on our truck. It came up from Florida before we bought it two years ago. I'm not from MA and take no offense regarding the drivers here, but I'm really just wondering if anyone knows a place where people look to buy used trucks for towing. I know it sounds strange, but I cannot get anyone interested in a 2WD truck here. Maybe next camping season.

Sounds odd in this market. Used vehicles are still selling at a premium based on new prices.

Facebook Marketplace is the best place to sell a vehicle these days.

Try CarMax and see how the numbers are.

We had another vehicle that we needed to sell once we went full time a few months ago.

Figured out what we should be able to get for it and had some people we know looking for buyers.

Tried other online services and the numbers weren’t even close.

Went through CarMax and they gave us a good number online. Took the car over for them to check it out. About 1/2 hour later we signed over the title and had a check.

Was a couple grand less than what we could have got for it but the hassle factor of selling it ourselves was gone.

They ship them all over the country so it may fetch a good number from them even though it may not sell in that area.

Worked for us and doesn’t cost anything to see if it would for you.

Latest resources

Back