Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

How long is our RV? How many vehicles do we have?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

bpaikman

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana LE 3436
RV Length
35 feet
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 340 hp
TOW/TOAD
2013 Subaru Crosstrek - manual, flat tow
Fulltimer
No
Our motorhome is 35 feet long and our toad is almost 15 feet. Without unhooking, we're about 54 feet total.
when I'm trying to reserve a site online, they ask for the liength and I wonder if they allow for the toad. There is one park in Fredericksburg where I don't think they did. They were many vehicles hanging out into the road, in drive-through spaces - ours BARELY got off the road, and only when unhooked.
And when I register, do I put one vehicle? or two (counting the motorhome). I put one vehicle (thinking the difference between us and a TT is that our TT is motorized 😆). Some parks ask for both plates.

I have always thought they were asking how long my RV is.

I have always thought they were asking how long my RV is.
same here, after experience in Fredericksburg, we wonder. It probably depends on the park.

same here, after experience in Fredericksburg, we wonder. It probably depends on the park.
In my experience it does depend on the park so I always spell it out for them specifically to avoid any misunderstandings, difficulties, disappointments, etc

Typically a MH,TT,FWT, are the "rig"/unit. The tow vehicle, toad, is the Vehicle you have. That is = 1 unit + 1 vehicle.
Unit size, vehicle size if requested.

Florida State Park guidance is as follows regarding length of camper:

"Check the park's reservation page for specific information on site-specific amenities and maximum vehicle length. Look for the site length and site width. These numbers represent the length and width of the site. Consider the overall length and width of your camper or RV and your tow vehicle when deciding if a site is appropriate for you."

Texas State Parks show you the length of the sites. It is best at private rv parks with online reservations to ck box number of vehicles or just call and ask before making the reservation. Many private rv parks have long pull throughs as well.

There are a couple of factors to consider when asked for “length”.
Like you, I have a 34’ Class A and a 20’ trailer (motorcycles).
So If I’m staying for a while, I need to put a 34’ rig in the spot and the trailer can be parked somewhere else nearby.
If I am only stopping for the night, I need to put 55’ in the space.
Some parks limit length due to campsite length, but some limit due to the roads and/or trees that make moving a long rig difficult.
I always call a new park and talk to someone that can help me decide whether or not it can work.

What do you tell them if your overall is 83 feet?

Attachments

• 20221005_154338.jpg
    20221005_154338.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 26

Latest resources

Back