• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Where were you with your NEWMAR today?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Iron River National Fish Hatchery, Iron River WI. Home for the next month with temps ranging from the 50s to the upper 70s (very unlike Texas for now). If not for Starlink, there would be no phone or wifi. After 3:30 every day, Jeanette and I have this 1200 acre property to ourselves. Weather forecast occasionally gives us a chance for northern lights, but so far no luck.
@GlampDaddy ... what kind of workcamper duties do you all have there? Looks like a great place to be.

FLSteve (y)

@GlampDaddy ... what kind of workcamper duties do you all have there? Looks like a great place to be.

FLSteve (y)
@FLSteve The hatchery is lacking a few staff, so we do things that allow them to take care of their primary responsibilities without the regular interruptions. So, we are responsible for landscape (mowing, watering plants, weeding, etc), some maintenance items. I fix broken stuff in their wood shop and Jeanette keeps the hummingbirds fed and gives occasional tours. We made the fish truck all shiny for the blueberry parade. We work about 20 hours a week and have plenty of time to explore the area and fish for walleye in a small local lake. We're looking to do it again next summer...maybe northern NY.
3E5E983F-4823-4D3B-AE7B-10F258AF911C.jpeg
5F0D748C-3B82-4F14-B00E-9C66DF5B4979.jpeg
B0741CDF-FD05-4B4A-A86A-BD4FF4941719.jpeg
443A502F-C13F-48A8-8527-B3F6FB3932FA.jpeg

View attachment 20271We landed in McMinnville, OR on Monday - my brother who lives in Forest Grove, OR came out today and fixed our electronics...so now we are rigged up with the firestick our daughter had given us 2 years ago 😆 but we could never get to work.... or I can play TOTK. just waiting for a rainy day now. Oregon is struggling with a few wildfires and we decided to reroute our trip a bit which only adds a few miles. Restrooms/showers, laundry, and wifi at this park are all first-rate.
9/10 stars (1 star taken off because our site was missing its tree 😄... but on the other hand we were only two sites away from the restroom showers. We like to use park facilities when they're nice - it saves having the dump our tanks so often.
BTW, they seem to be doubling the size of the park - lots of new concrete and hookups out front, beautiful new building under construction - maybe new hq? Apparently, this area is popular for antiques, wines, and best of all, a huge aircraft museum next to the RV park - Hefner's Blue Goose is housed inside. Can easily spend all day at museum.
"lots of new concrete and hookups out front". Are they all pull thru sites? Otherwise I think having the utilities out by the road is not a good thing.

Lenderink Tree Farm, Belmont MI. Harvest Host.

First of 2 Harvest Host stops on our way to Nappanee. Nice large spot to park with lots of greenery away from freeways.

T-Mobile home. 359 down, 12 up.
IMG_0708.jpeg

IMG_0706.jpeg

Welcome Station RV, Wells Nevada. Just an overnight stop on the way to Utah/Colorado. Little well maintained park. Great wifi.
IMG_5017.jpeg
IMG_5016.jpeg

Welcome Station RV, Wells Nevada. Just an overnight stop on the way to Utah/Colorado. Little well maintained park. Great wifi. View attachment 20379View attachment 20380
Looks good enough and its on the route for my next trip - I’ll put it on the list. I’ll be stopping somewhere between Winnemucca and Wendover. Nice you posted this because looking at it on G-Earth I’d probably pass but from your pics it looks just fine.

Wendy Oaks RV in Florence MS for 4 nights on our way to Memphis. Nice wooded campground with SHADE for a change in this heat. Living area faces a small lake with lots of room for the mutt to run. Best catfish in the world right across the road at Shivers Creek Fish House. 40+ meg down for both T Mobile and Verizon. Just one thing, Sunday morning at 630 am, it sounded like the local train was parked next to us blowing the horn for about 10 minutes. Reminded me of a scene from "My cousin Vinnie".:ROFLMAO: As a side note, just blew the Sanicon hose at our last stop and have another one coming to our next stop. I really wish they could either reduce the pressure of the pump or source a stronger hose for these systems. My result, (after using a half roll of rescue tape trying to repair the pin holes) was the hose actually separated from the molded end. It wasn't as bad as the scene from "RV", but still a bit messy.:eek: That, and a check engine light (non critical, which may go away after a few start cycles) for NOx ppm, which I'll get checked at our yearly Freightliner visit in Oct. Hoping for no more issues on this trip.
20230826_134535.jpg
20230826_134551.jpg

That, and a check engine light (non critical, which may go away after a few start cycles) for NOx ppm, which I'll get checked at our yearly Freightliner visit in Oct. Hoping for no more issues on this trip.
Did you check for codes? If it persists, check the LBCU (or your code reader if you have one) and post the codes of any. High NOX can mean insufficient DEF making it through the system.

Latest resources

Back