• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Where were you with your NEWMAR today?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
On the porch of our “casita” at FOY (FOY – Fountain of Youth Spa and RV Park) enjoying the edge of the desert. This space is on the NW corner of the park so bordered on two sides by desert, far enough away from all the activity to enjoy peace and quiet, but still part of the community with all the activities, amenities, and facilities.

We weren't in the market when we came here in December but this place came up for sale one day and we liked the location so much we owned it the next morning. We’ve spent the last month correcting 40 years of substandard repairs, addressing neglect, bringing the “yard” back to life, and updating the interior (king sleep number arrived yesterday - NICE!).

For all its dated funkiness this 1981 14x40 “Hillcrest” has plenty of charm and nostalgia and will continue to be updated and improved. And the winter weather here, along with the view of the Salton Sea, is simply sublime. Next month new windows and doors. After that new kitchen cabinets, HVAC, floors etc. I guess I needed another project….

IMG_3091.jpeg

Congrats! Beautiful view!

Looks like the puppy is enjoying a sweet spot! Have fun in your new home away from home.

Trish is soaking up the Florida sunshine on the patio of our new place at The Preserves Estates.

DSCN3732.JPG

Tune up weekend trip to get systems checked out and exercised. Silver Palms RV Resort in Okeechobee. Excellent T Mobile and Verizon signal. Most lots are owned and occupied, but not the friendliest park we've been to. At least everything on the coach is working fine.
20240301_115300.jpg
20240301_114951.jpg

Flat Creek Family Campground in Chattahoochee, FL.

Nice family campground with very nice camp hosts. Swimming pool, but it's still winter so no one in it. Group fire pit, cool campground store, showers, etc. No internet or cell service but they have lots of videos you can use for entertainment.

Lots of pull through room for up to 70' rigs, probably even more. We didn't have to unhook, and that's a good thing. :)

Another interesting note. I got all the way here and no engine light! It must have burned out . . . ;)

DSCN3793.JPG

DSCN3794.JPG

DSCN3796.JPG

Flat Creek Family Campground in Chattahoochee, FL.

Nice family campground with very nice camp hosts. Swimming pool, but it's still winter so no one in it. Group fire pit, cool campground store, showers, etc. No internet or cell service but they have lots of videos you can use for entertainment.

Lots of pull through room for up to 70' rigs, probably even more. We didn't have to unhook, and that's a good thing. :)

Another interesting note. I got all the way here and no engine light! It must have burned out . . . ;)

View attachment 23025
View attachment 23026
View attachment 23024
Nice park btw I removed the bulb so u will get home just fine😁😁

Stopover at Tom Sawyer RV Park, West Memphis AR. On our way to Nappanee for our 3/11 appointment.
And, like Jim, made it this far without a Check Engine light!
IMG_5763.jpeg
IMG_5766.jpeg

Latest resources

Back